Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 1, Scene 1: "Through the Undergrowth" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Through the Undergrowth (Main Game Thread)

Post by Jenara »

"Nisser are mostly stupid and disloyal, Leaders keep with Violence." Katten Explains dropping the creature to the floor, "He says that the 'Boss' is back to the South as far as we can, then right there is a single path to the Right and He is at the end." Kneeling down, her claws rippling from her fingers she grins.

"Baas het Wolwe, soos Dran ja? Hoeveel, hoe groot?" (Just realised that Groot is called Groot because he is Big) She asks dragging a claw across his face, her sensitive nose curled up fighting the awful smell. "Hoeveel is daar, wat wapens het hulle?" She asks in Gobin, Dran stands by her, the Wolf fighting the darkness with closeness to his 'Mother'.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Sol Mazer
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Sol Mazer »

Watching and listening, Van says,

"Whoa whoa whoa.... Hold on... I have a thousand questions. Katten, you speak fluent Goblin but only broken Common? How.... How did you manage that? Did you have a goblin cousin or something? Was your tribe in cahoots with the local goblins? Was your primary school teacher a giblin? What's the story of your learning Common? Who do we blame?"

Van will give Katten a genuine look of concern- like she missed out on a proper education.
Low rolls make things more interesting!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Katten turns her head for a monent, her Blue eyes flashing with Anger for a brief moment.

"It is best to know your enemy." She answers in perfect Elven. "If you are quiet, I will answer your questions."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Sol Mazer
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Sol Mazer »

"Yeah, that's why I learned Orcish... But I thought your enemy was Humans. Aren't they the bigger concern for your homeland? Are elves your enemy too?"

Van will lean on his staff to settle into the conversation.
ausie
Peddler
Peddler

Post by ausie »

Heading south and then tight(west) to where the strong goblin scent leads, Garroth will attempt to move silently..
Ausie

Garroth Kazzak (Minotaur Ranger/Mage)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"You do not understand being quiet." Katten Growls, can she see where Garroth is headed?

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Katten can see that Garroth takes the south passage but not where it leads.. it is that narrow path in the first map.
I'll post for Garroth and Linar in a 'Sidelines' hidden thread, which I'll grant temporary access to for these type of things]

The goblin groans in pain as he is dropped, the arrow still sticking from his torso. He takes one look at the shattered goblin's jaw and pales a little as if he is near passing out, but answers in goblin. Dit is 'n worg vernomen Kak. Hy is groot en gemiddelde as Zag'Rek. He shivers as she draws a claw across his face. Dosyne. Meestal spiese, sommige staf of swaarde geneem van die mens... The pitiful creature coughs, a little blood coming out jn his spittle
Rivi
Magistrate
Magistrate

Post by Rivi »

elden will talk to Katten in goblin "your not wrong about knowing your enemy" a smirk on his face
Characters:
Demiplane of Dread - Cross aka the dagger mage
Classic Puzzle-Cait aka the angel of death
Tales from Golden City-max aka Lady Red Fox
The Forge-dm
Genwald-Elden aka the SoulForger
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Bring them back, they cant take them alone." She comments to anyone, "Thats where the rest of them are. They have a Warg. And lots of weapons." releasing the wretched creature she shakes her head at the mess they left the others in.

"As jy lieg vir my, sal ek jou opspoor en jy beland in 'n ergste toestand as dié nie. Hierdie kloue is nie vir die show." Retracting the claws on her left hand she ponders the dying creature as Dran winds round her legs.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno will go to gather the other 2.

Knowning his clinking armour will spoil their silent approach, and they will hear him right away.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

On hearing the mobile ironmonger approaching from behind, Linar whispers in Garroth's ear, "Psst! Wait!"
Sol Mazer
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Sol Mazer »

Van will go through the talking Goblin's pockets,

"Hey buddy, what are you carrying, eh? Got anything good? Perhaps a map?"

Then to Katten and Elden, "Well, if the odds are stacked against us, maybe we should get out and tell the local militia. They should know about this threat."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Does he look like he has anything?" She comments, "We can take Nisser, we just need to work as a Team. Going off alone is dangerous, as is wandering into the line of bow fire."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Sol Mazer
Freeman
Freeman

Post by Sol Mazer »

"He might..."

OOC: Anything of note on this new goblin?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Van reaches for the goblin's pouch and the creature lets it go without a fuss. Emptying it out, the Illusionist finds some nick-nacks of bone and rock, a bit of jerky and a single silver mark.