Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Generic Information about the world

A homebrewed world I’ve been working on that dearly needs some people to come in and flesh it out through their adventures. I’m open to a party being formed together, or meeting in game through their exploration, or possibly meeting as enemies. I’d like to keep the character options as unlimited as possible.

Moderator: Namenlos

Namenlos
Marshall
Marshall
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Generic Information about the world

Post by Namenlos »

Just a few things that are different in this world than a normal game.

-Airships: The gnomes of Glassborough have created machines that can fly!

-The Ontilaus: A massive sea creature that roams the oceans. This monster is a constant threat to those on the high seas, one of the main reasons that the gnomes spent time inventing a machine that can fly over the oceans. Often worshiped by various cults as a God/Monster, there is a school of thought that the Ontilaus IS the world or a piece of it.

-Firearms: From the DM's manual, the stats remain the same however reloading takes time.
example: You fire in one turn, the next you're reloading, and the next you're reloading and then the next turn you may fire again.

Glass Stone/Iron- A mined material that has some of the qualities of glass(you can see through it, if it is thin enough) while being much stronger than normal glass. Found in several colors(green, yellow, red) and clear(the most difficult to mine, for obvious reasons :D), the material is often used for decorative construction or for the creation of ornate weapons/armor. For a weapon to be crafted of Glass Stone/Iron it MUST be magically enchanted or shatter upon use/contact, an annoying trait that is often exploited by Assassins that will use crafted Glass "missile" weapons to ensure a kill.

Orcs and Goblins: Instead of the beasts that go bump in the night they are productive members of society. Their brutish/vicious looks, Physical strength(in the case of Orcs) and dexterous/nimble fingers(in the case of Goblins) have led to them being judged harshly at times and treated poorly and "less than" by some of the "civilized" races.
There are "feral" tribes of both species that live from cities and towns that are essentially bandits or barbarians, at least starting as such.