Library of closed threads.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Demiplane of Dread OOC Chat

Post by TristenC »

Hehe. With cantrips as a proficiency (that npcs will also have access to ;) ) it might not be a terrible idea.

Filter basically makes a 10' sphere around the caster (or person touched) that filters noxious stuff out of the air like poison gas. It even works against the Stinking Cloud spell, but not green-dragon breath or a lack of oxygen in general.

It's in Complete Wizard, Ch8: New Spells, Second Level spells.
Surgate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Surgate »

Well I might be shooting myself in the foot by not taking protect from cantrips x.x but I'll go ahead and stick with filter instead.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

No worries, prot from cantrips is far more likely to be commonly found than filter.
Surgate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Surgate »

Perfect I don't feel so bad then. So I had another question, I was looking at Mojo's sheet and I wondered after seeing the rogue section how much of a rogue role in terms of sneaking, backstabs with a dagger and such is possible?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Nothing really. He Isn't trained like that or anything. Creatures base their saving throws off the class they are most closely related to. It just means a small spider monkey is more roguelike than warrior-like. It was more of a reminder for me.

He also isn't trained to use weapons, so backstabbing is right out. He could probably throw something small, but even a sling stone (0.5 lbs) would be like a human trying to huck a 10 lb rock.... Any attacks he would make (and those only in self defense, really) would be like biting d scratching.

Nocturno: Good stuff in the bio, I just want to make sure I understand a couple things. The rings were 'picked up' by the kender, and Tendrow was killed?
Surgate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Surgate »

Ah that makes sense. Thanks!
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

TristenC wrote:Nocturno: Good stuff in the bio, I just want to make sure I understand a couple things. The rings were 'picked up' by the kender, and Tendrow was killed?
Yes, and yes.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Sorry I'm a little busy having fun for my Birthday.

Will post everything soon
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

No worries, no big rush :) Happy birthday! :D
thefallenson
Peasant
Peasant

Post by thefallenson »

Happy birthday!

Surgate, I am basically a poke master...if you would like him to learn cool tricks.
Surgate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Surgate »

thefallenson wrote:Happy birthday!

Surgate, I am basically a poke master...if you would like him to learn cool tricks.
That would be amazing :D
Oh and Happy Birthday to our resident Bard!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Animal training has to be taken for a certain animal type (I.e. animal Training:Small primate). Unless you take it for little monkeys (which would be very unusual for someone who keeps dogs) it won't work.

On the upside, a familiar can be directed by its master in many more specific ways than even the best trained animal due to the empathetic link. Sending him into combat would be extremely foolhardy, though, since the caster would feel any wounds taken and have to save vs Death if the familiar were slain.
Surgate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Surgate »

TristenC wrote:Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Animal training has to be taken for a certain animal type (I.e. animal Training:Small primate). Unless you take it for little monkeys (which would be very unusual for someone who keeps dogs) it won't work.

On the upside, a familiar can be directed by its master in many more specific ways than even the best trained animal due to the empathetic link. Sending him into combat would be extremely foolhardy, though, since the caster would feel any wounds taken and have to save vs Death if the familiar were slain.
Oh wow I didn't realize it had to be specific to the animal type. Makes sense though. I'll have to consider more creative ways of using his opposable thumbs.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Carrying stuff for you without having to hold it in a slobbery mouth is pretty good. Climbing to reach things nobody else in the party can is a nice advantage too ;) especially since he may be able to carry them back down...

Scouting is also a favorite for familiars... but beware Mojojo's natural predators!
Surgate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Surgate »

Very good suggestions for my little Mojo XD

Ah yes scouting. Not sure if I wanna send him off by himself in a place like Ravenloft. Good way to lose my Abjurer and monkey in one foolish recon task
Last edited by Surgate on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.