Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Borderlands II - This is the OLD game thread

Second Edition AD&D

A gritty "low-fantasy" game in which the line between right and wrong may occasionally blur, set in a non-canon Greyhawk-based world.

Moderator: Stik

Forum rules
Players should expect to post two to three times per week. 

Players should have a working knowledge of Second Edition AD&D

Experienced adult/mature players are preferred.

No munchkins allowed, and min-maxing will be frowned upon.

Core rulebooks and "Complete" series books will be used.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Borderlands II - This is the game thread

Post by Jerrard »

"Could be... Could be." The dwarf mutters, walking around the 'pool' "So what now, I reckon I could collapse the cavern, a few well placed charges and it would be trapped forever, well until something as big as a Giant comes along." He taps the wall gently with his dagger, "But it seems to me it ain't the plan."
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Finding a dry spot on the cavern floor, Bastian sits, cross-legged, resting his staff across his lap. He stares intently at the pool, pondering courses of action. Absent-mindedly he opens his small flask, sips a shot from it, and pours a small amount onto the cavern floor. He offers himself a brief pray for focus before returning to his pondering.

When he receives a questioning glance from his companions, he shrugs and says, "I may have meant it as a joke earlier, but I figured it was worth attempting."
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Boomer spends some time taking measurements and looking closely at the stone walls of the cavern, eventually determining that although it is the same type of stone as naturally occurs in the area the walls are unusual in that rather than presenting a solid, continuous mass as expected, the stone of the cavern walls appears fragmented and discontinuous, and mixed with smaller material, as if deposited from elsewhere. It does not look artificial, just like sedimentary rock in an area not known for such.

He also determines that, with the right tools and men in less than a day's time the chamber could likely be collapsed.
"No matter where you go, there you are."
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Yeah... I reckon I would be able to bring this place down in a day, if thats what we wanna do." The dwarf taps a few rocks, "Interesting place though, rocks that shouldnt be here ya know?" He picks off a piece of sandstone, "This really shouldnt be here."
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

[OOC] Not sandstone, really, but rather a mixture of local material - large fragments of stone mixed with smaller fragments and soil, as if the local strata had been disturbed in a big way a very long time ago. [/OOC]

[OOC] Anyone got anything else they'd like to accomplish while in this chamber? We've got the party split into to very distant locations and a day apart in game time. The sooner we get everyone back together, the sooner we can move things along. [/OOC]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Done here. let's get back on track.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

((Aye. Let's move on))
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

Exiting the violet-lit chamber is a relief to all, the visual equivalent of leaving a very a noisy room for quiet one. The mushroom farm looks odd, though. For a few minutes, the lingering effect of the odd light in the chamber makes things which are actually still appear to be moving or vibrating.

"Once, when I was in training, I dropped a chest of bottles belonging to the senior medicus. I do not know what it was I accidentally concocted, but it made me feel like I do now. I am for some fresh air and sunlight," Barber says, rushing along towards the exit.

He pulls up short, looking at one of the dead grotdier which is lying on the cave floor between the group and the exit. It had been laying on its side, just as it had fallen, when the group passed by it earlier. It is still in the same position, but now it rocking back and forth randomly, in quick little jerks.

"Priest, bring that light up here," Barber says, drawing his gladius.

Click thumbnail for full size image.

[OOC] The body in question is just to the north of the pillar near the center of this map. [/OOC]

======================================================================
Actions?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"What do you have there?" Boomer asks, hand on his hilt, "Boy Ye said something like the creature was controlled, like magic."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

Durant holds his weapon and asks the obvious question. "And, do we have to kill it, again?"
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Bastian stands to the side and cups his hands together, focusing the light upon the twitching corpse. "I like not, the looks of this..."
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"How do we kill that which is already dead?" Durant asks outloud with dark humor.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

The corpse continues to rock and shake slightly, but it does not appear to be doing so under its own power.

Now that Bastian has come closer with the light, it is clear that another nearby corpse is shaking as well.
Jerrard
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Jerrard »

"Ye priest, could these not be the work of some evil one? They can animate the dead can they not? I say we burn em, and quick." The old dwarf backs away in concern.
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

"You'll get no argument from me!" Bastian exclaims as he reaches with one hand for his bottle of grain alcohol. "Here, this will help quite a bit!"