Starting level 1.

Moderator: Breila

Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Into the castle!

Post by Breila »

The three xoung men only ask to be allowed to carry Gerhard into the cellar, they move along docilely. Gisbert is a different matter, he has to be dragged by force, or knocked over, or whatever it takes, but of course he's no match for the party. They're secure in their illegal brewery now, and the party can continue to explore the castle.

Between the palas, building#8, and the outer wall at the forge's side, there is a wall as high as the stone lower storey of the palas, with an ornate wrought-iron gate in it and a few steps leading to it.
When Eloise and Thelma had gone exploring, they had seen a wooden building with many doors along the outer wall, between the palas and the wall separating the outer and inner courts.
The keep has no doors leading into it from the courtyard. It even has windows only on the higher levels. The only entrance seems to be over the bridge between the keep and the palas. The bridge pillar, marked by a black rectangle on the map, is made of timberframe and tapered towards the top.

Where do you go?
Attachments
valckenburg5.png
valckenburg5.png (11.75 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
There's more to me than meets the eye...
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Well really, do we have a choice? We should go to the palas, I think I can fit through a window, with a push." She says with a wink.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Matthias, no longer being needed to destroy Abbey property and the party having secured their prisoners, approaches the strangely tapered column. He inspects it, trying to divine why it is built so and if it poses any danger of collapse.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The bridge column looks sturdily built. On the uppermost part, it supports a sturdy beam that carries the planks that make up the walkway of the bridge. It seems like one set of planks leads to the keep, and one to the palas.
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"It is a stanchion, for supporting a walkway," says Christopher to Matthias. "The entrance to the building is one floor above ground. If the castle is attacked, they go into the keep and dismantle the walkway, so the attackers can not can use reach the entrance."
"No matter where you go, there you are."
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

Pulling back, Matthias tsks shaking his head. "What cleverness is devoted to warfare. Would that men bent their intellect to the good of all instead of clever tricks to kill and avoid being slain themselves." He moves for the wrought iron gate (which i'm assuming leads into building 8?).
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"So we go in here?" Eloise asks, her eyes on the windows, now she has someone to watch, can she look if she can get in?
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
pixie chic
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by pixie chic »

"Be careful," Thelma cautions Eloise as she moves to enter.
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

The wrought iron gate does not lead into the building, it leads to the area on the side of the building. Stepping up to the gate, Matthias sees that this must have been the garden when the castle was stil inhabited. Several fruit trees are planted, a cherry tree is hanging full of fruit. What must have been flowerbeds is now heavily overgrown with weeds, only a few rose bushes raise their flowers over the greenery.

With Thelma's help, Eloise hoists herself up on a windowsill. She sees the large room that makes up the lower floor of the palas as she saw it before. There is a wide staircase against the back wall. To its right, a large fireplace and stove suggest a kitchen area. Immediately to her right, she sees a wooden wall that probably sets of the area behind the double entrance doors If she wants to, she can drop into the room.
NoTrammeling
Merchant
Merchant

Post by NoTrammeling »

The apothecary moves to open the gate and enter the garden if possible (if it is locked then disregard the following), cursorily searching the area for useful herbs. He almost plucks a cherry from the tree but pauses with his fingers just around the ripe fruit. "Abbey property. One tends to forget that trees and wilderness can be owned." He looks about for a useful means of entry into building #8 (Am I correct in that the garden is the empty area north of the Palas?).
Breila
Grey Eminence
Grey Eminence

Post by Breila »

Only two windows that even have their glass panes intact look onto the garden from the first upper floor of the palas.

(yes, the garden is where you think it is)
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Standing on the ledge Eloise looks back down, "I can slide in, and open the door."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Kafen
Guildmaster
Guildmaster

Post by Kafen »

"I am fine with that plan if it is safe for you to do so." Dale tells Eloise. He stays close with his weapon drawn.
The lack of the defiler in SC2 makes my pants sad. ~ Anon Internet Guy
Ismaels-Legacy
Marshall
Marshall

Post by Ismaels-Legacy »

Saul looks to Christopher. "It seems we have few options in this instance. Besides, perhaps this little jaunt will extinguish some of her vinegar." He nods toward Eloise.
"as long as you don't talk about one anchor fellating someone."-TSD
Stik
Baronet
Baronet

Post by Stik »

"Or tire her out, perhaps."
"No matter where you go, there you are."