Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by Jenara »

Simple [1d20]=19 Sadly due to her small size, they obviously dont think she looks that scary!
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull Str Check Vs 19

[1d20]=12 Str Check
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip remarks in a dead level, emotionless voice "Death may come but once for you but I will make your soul spill all your secrets in between its screams when you are dead. You can choose to live and tell me what you know and perhaps find a way to rise above your other tribe members. Remain silent at your own risk, a false front gains you nothing. Be quick with your decision." Findalsip steps a couple of steps back and states: "I need to prepare the space to rip the knowledge from their souls should they choose the hard way" and pulls out some clerical items.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Katten's arrow remains trained on them, but the orcs do not seem to be intimidated by it. The hulking Minotaur looms above their seated and bound forms, musing about beating them with their own arms... Fin also lends some rather creative imagery to the conversation.

Though the first orc remains silent, one of the others begins to speak up.
We tell you all we know! We search but not find Dwarf city. It lost! No way in! Broken piece there like small statue!
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar says in elven, "Bull, ask him for directions to the broken statue. Don't bother with asking about numbers of foes; these creatures can't count."
Last edited by Chris1234 on Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[presuming cooperation to keep things rolling]

We not know where. Only that we told it in old broken Dwarven city. Tunnel collapsed, can not get through. We look for other way in, no way in.

======
If Linar means to ask where the tunnel collapse is, he will give directions. Linar will recognize that the directions lead exactly to the collapsed tunnel and the hidden Dwarven City-State of Dorinkak he found when he went on his solo walk a few days ago.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Fine; thanks. We can deal with that later. For now, we need this lot out of action and then possibly go find their colleagues," proposes Linar.

======
OOC: @ Triistan - I'd thought "... Broken piece there like small statue! ..." meant that they had found a statue.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Chris1234 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:29 am "Fine; thanks. We can deal with that later. For now, we need this lot out of action and then possibly go find their colleagues," proposes Linar.

======
OOC: @ Triistan - I'd thought "... Broken piece there like small statue! ..." meant that they had found a statue.
====
[OOC] Sorry if that was unclear. that is what they were told to look for. but even before the combat Linar heard them speaking in orcish saying they had been searching but couldn't find 'The old Dwarf tomb'.[/ooc]
viewtopic.php?p=124290#p124290
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"So, are we going to sort out the rest of this gang?" asks Linar.

======
OOC: @Tristan - all good, TY!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"We take out of action?" Katten fiddles with her bow string, ready to aim at an Orc, if it were up to her she would kill them here and now, the urge to do so is obvious on her feline face as she waits rather impatiently.

(Katten wants to just kill them and be done with it!!!)
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno has no love for them. If The others kill the orcs, he won't stand in there way. But he won't execute any creature.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Kill'em Now or Kill'em later makes no difference to Bull.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar says to the orc in its own tongue, "Thank you," and then switches his attention (and language) to Bull. "I understand 'now or later, Bull,' but it may well make a difference to the farmers and travellers that these creatures may accost." He signs. "Nocturno, I respect your view but do not share it for goblinoids. Katten, Bull, one each?"

======
OOC: Perhaps best to gloss over the next bit.

After that, Linar intends to scout ahead taking full advantage of his near-silence and superior infravision.( Happy to cover this narratively so that the others (PCs) aren't hanging around too much.)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[ooc] Am i to understand that several good aligned pcs are about to execute helplessly tied prisoners? last call...[/ooc]
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Yes I have been considering this.. while she hates them she won't murder anyone.)

"Hold." She calls in a halting voice. "We take them to Guard, they get locked away. I hate, but I not kill." She will physically stop anyone trying to kill the creatures. "We take them first. Or I take.." she shrugs. "Take all weapons, keep them tied together. We not kill."

(Sorry have been a bit distracted.)

Borderlands 3 - Navi