Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Darithe
Peasant
Peasant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

Post by Darithe »

Iscind

"A murder you say?," Iscind listens intently as Elsa explains about the murder and the reactions. "Do you think Jerry might have known the victim?" Iscind did not know the other woman really. Perhaps she was just being empathetic. But Elsa did know her and thought there was more to it so likely there was.
Last edited by Darithe on Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tarlyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by tarlyn »

TristenC wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:23 pm [Ooc] Del realizes that she hasn't seen any locals that aren't human. While those they met in the inn seemed surprised but accepting of her 'secret', it is likely the locals would react very differently.

In fact, they don't evwn seem to realize Elsa and Pyros are halflings, thinking them youngsters.[/ooc]

The bartender frowns, Alone... for a strange secret.... No thanks. I think we're good for now. I'll have a chat with some others. We'll see what they think. If there is agreement to give you a shot, there will probably be some kind of... test-job.

Del nods "Very well , thanks for your time. I'm staying at well I don't know the name of the place, as I don't read or speak the local

language,"
but describes the sign of the Inn she is staying at.

Turning to Esker "awright, Esker, we're done for now, they'll let me know if I can be of any type of assistance."

Nodding to the barkeep she heads out, but not before placing a few copper realms pieces in teh old man's cup and exiting.
"Killing means never having to say you're sorry"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"And now we can't ask HIM what it means, as he will know you stole or saw his note." Mira answers kindly, taking the Kenders arm gently as she sips the wine. "Talk to him about the Murders, say you saw someone who looked the the Girls who were killed."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

======
OOC: Folks that know Jerry well will know that she's preoccupied with making a new spell book. Probably another day or so's labour.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Indeed, Lady Jerry seems more capable than that." (There were things that were probably afraid of her, he thought but didnt voice it) "We need to get everyone together, the.. incident earlier only highlights how vulnerable we are. My Lord Brightblade taught me that while differing people have different goals, it is possible to work together. I would never dare suggest you needed any form of protection, but I would be happy to provide such. If required."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The Broken Wheel: (Cross, Iscind, Karl, Elsa)
Elsa shakes her head at Iscind's question, I'm not sure if they knew each other, but I don't know who it was, to be honest. I wonder if the staff might know... Elsa moves over to the barkeep and speaks in elven for a minute. She seems a little stunned, then returns to the table. I... we did know her... well, kind of. Laisa. She was a young local woman, blonde hair, she used to come to Mira's shows sometimes... She and Jerry were just acquaintances... but she didn't even see the body, it was gone when she walked outside. So I'm not sure... but the boy cleaning up the blood looked like he had seen a ghost... Elsa turns pale as she comes to a realization, If Laisa had cut her hair short... she would fit the same description as Jerry! Slender, middle height young blonde woman... Oh no... The barkeep said all of the women being murdered resemble each other! Do... you think whoever it is might be after Jerry?!

The Old Kartakann Inn: (Gregor, Pyros, Mira)
The trio have their discussion quietly in the alcove with the curtains drawn. The bartender seems only casually interested in what is going on in the tavern, mostly fussing with arrangement of things behind the bar

The Bottomless Pail: (Delsenora and Esker)
Sounds like the "Broken Wheel" to me. Over in Upper Skald near the hill.
The old madman giggles again as the coins clink into his cup from Del's hand. He nods in shallow little bows to her as he sips on his short beer.

Back out in the street the other apparent vagrant makes little effort to disguise watching the pair.

(where to now?)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"So clearly my disguise as a minor is still intact..." He makes a bit of a sour face as he sips his cider.

"Maybe I could ask about where the berries come from for that awful drink you seem to like."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Honestly, I'm not actually sure I want to know!" Mira answers with a harsh whisper, "Apparently there are bushes they are collected from in the bushes in the poorer area."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

With a small grunt, Gregor drains the last of his ale and prepares to rise. Let me see if e's willin' to talk about the spirits. I'll keep it low key.

That was a fine ale!, Gregor complements the beverage (in elvish) as he reaches the barkeep. Good flavor. Smooth but a bit of nuttiness in it. Do ya make it 'ere locally or bring it in from elsewhere?
tarlyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by tarlyn »

As they exit the Innn Del turns to Esker "Shall we return to the Broken Wheel or maybe do some more sight seeing ?"
Darithe
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Darithe »

Iscind

...The Plot Thickens... Iscind arches a brow at what Elsa says, "She may well be. She could be in terrible danger. I hope she is not alone wherever she is." Iscind resolves not to cut her hair anytime soon.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The Broken Wheel: (Cross, Iscind, Karl, Elsa)
She's with Merrick right now. From what they said the killer has only been active at night, so I guess we have some time. They are probably at the papermaker, she has been adamant about getting a new spellbook made. But if we're all staying here again tonight, maybe this would be a good place to lay a trap...

The Old Kartakann Inn: (Gregor, Pyros, Mira)
Ledalar nods when Gregor comes to ask about the ale. Yeah, I like that one. It comes from somewhere in Gundarak. Uh... Tuffeldorf, I think. It's not far.

[Mira's comments about the bushes are correct. This is area 14 on the map if anyone wants the reference. It's just across the bridge north from the inn.]

Outside The Bottomless Pail: (Delsenora and Esker)
The scent of damp wood from the nearby river and sawmill fills the air around the Bottomless Pail. The locals seem to steer clear of the two strangers for the most part
Revenant
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Revenant »

Esker Manyblades

Looking to Del, "Well I do want to refill my quiver. Though I'm at a loss as to how to converse with the merchants here abouts. I am good at pointing and grunting, but then most men are. Though haggling might be difficult." He grins, "Or I suppose you could just steal them."
tarlyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by tarlyn »

ooc Just pushing us along back to the Broken Wheel

As they walk along, Del has definitely noticed how the locals treat them and talsk softly to Esker as they head back to the

Broken Wheel.

"I've never really xperienced locals like this before. This is a rather strange place, wouldn't you agree?

So anyways when we get back the the Wheel I think I'll try to see what kind of trouble the rest of the others are getting into and maybe

ask about what they are planning ot do or investigate. I'd like more information on these grisly murders, personally."

Del is keeping an eye and ear out for anyone tailing them from the Inn.

At Eskers words, she grinning, she will reply "Why yes, I could steal but I have not joined the guild as of yet and do nto have permission

to do so. I don't want to shit where I eat, so to speak, if you catch my drift. Maybe one of the others would be willing to help you attain what you

need, well one of them who speaks the language at any rate. It might be a good idea too as the local may actually charge more cause you are a

stranger."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"So's we should probably go check those bushes out then. Even if we can't ask about them." Pyros winks. Sitting and squirming hoping Gregor gets to the meeklebrau topic before it works its way from brain to mouth.

"I'm hungry. Are you hungry?"