Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

memorizes spells in the morning and gathers his gear to depart with the others.

So tell me what do you know about this bow that was supposed to be made in this town we are heading to? Is it for one of my stature or for a little man? I need something large to fit my size. And how are the skills of this bowyer? Is he making large arrows too? What about an armorer, is there a good one in this town?
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip being the un-skilled woodsman that he is, will walk with Jordek and make “small” talk. #hanginwitmygnomies Along the walk to this town he makes notes about what he observes.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Katten and Dran take a lead of several yards from the rest of the group, who strike up different conversations. The morning passes pleasantly enough, and around midday the road begins to curve eastward, and a smaller road splits to run south. To the south side of the fork lies a partially cleared area, wide enough for a half-dozen carts and with as many pits surrounded by a circles of assembled stones. There is plenty of evidence that the area has been used many times as a camp, and dried wood lies already stacked under a makeshift shelter on one side.

=====
Nocturno, Jordek and Linar recognize this as the half-way point to Bordertown.
Katten Nocturno and Jordek would know that Signa's home town is about a full day West of here in the forest.
Bordertown lies 1 more day travel to the south

It is around Midday, so there is still much daylight left
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Well, Bull, yes, it was to be built for one such as you. One of your race and, I think, about your size. Immensely strong. Like you," replies Linar after some thought. "So, yes, sized for a large being and appropriately strengthed. Aparently the bowyer was one of the best. I think it came with appropriatly stiffened arrows. It was to cost some hundreds of gold coins. We put down a substantial deposit."
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I not know this road, many camp here. This Road to big place?" She asks as she pulls up, her eyes on the Road to Signa's, "I find Signa, you go to Big Place, I join you there." She folds her arms under her slight chest, making it clear this was not a discussion.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[sorry for delays]

Oh? You're not going with us to Bordertown? Jordek asks curiously
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Give him my regards." Nocturno will nod, and get the group ready to move.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Katten bids her farewell and begins to move off to the east. Chitt scurries over to sniff Dran and play/dance next to him before rushing back to burrow into the Forest Gnome's baggy clothing. Jordek chuckles, Be safe! Make good choices! He waves to the Ranger as she and the young wolf disappear into the forest to the West.

The remainder of the party continue South along the road; the clop of mule and Minotaur hooves keeping time in their travel. They take the midday meal as they walk, from their portable rations. Afternoon gradually gives way to early eve as the travelers make good time. Just before dusk a structure becomes visible roughly 100 yards ahead; a wide bridge spanning a steeply sloped embankment. 30 feet below cold, clean water rushes by; the calm surface indicating a hidden depth. There seems to be no easy way down the embankment, nor up the opposite side; but a well-constructed bridge of stone and timber spans the divide. It is clearly well maintained, and wide enough for a wagon and a two men abreast besides. A 3’ high thick wooden rail makes up the edges.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip falls in line behind the wagon making sure he doesn't step in mule dung. He holds his club ready remembering that bridges are likely places for ambushes and the like to occur. Life in the Underdark is a gamble at best and very short at the worst.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"We have crossed here twice before. Jordek, care to see if that Den is inactive like before?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Jordek nods, If I do, you're coming with me. I don't fancy climbing down to have a look without some kind of rope and someone to haul me up if I get in trouble. What do you say, pincushion? Ready to upgrade to Anchor/pincushion combo work? he asks cheerfully
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno sighs more loudly than necessary.

"If I must. I do owe you for the escape from the tree."
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

I can pull a rope and get you back up here quicker if you both wish to go.

He clomps out onto the bridge with his cloven hooves.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"I will guard the small one. Let's get tied up."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The group cross the long bridge, the hooves of the minotaur clicking on the stone. Once they reach the far side, Jordek secures the rope about his waist and hands the end to Bullock. Don't let go, now. he says with a grin. Cracking his knuckles, the nimble Gnome begins making his way down the steep slope.

[What are Linar and Fin doing?]
===
jordek climb [1d100]=53, pass