Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

New to Site Looking for a Game.

Post here if you are a DM looking for players or a player hoping to find a game to join.
Forum rules
Please stay on topic at all times. Also, please use proper topic titles to help keep these forums organized. *Use gaming style, gaming type etc in titles* IE: Looking for players in a 3.5e D&D campaign.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

New to Site Looking for a Game.

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

I joined the site a while back and got busy with life. Are there any games out there looking for new players? I have been playing 1 and 2 E since they came out. Just recently started looking into 5E but haven't really gotten the hang of it yet.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Re: New to Site Looking for a Game.

Post by Chris1234 »

Have a look through the games and see if any take your interest you could sent the GM a message.

I run the Waterdeep campaign which is 5e. I try to manage a turnaround of 5 days. If that's ofinterest, you'd be welcome. I found 5e easier to learn than any edition since Basic. We could show you the ropes if you want to try.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

I'm a player in the Waterdeep game mentioned, and am willing to help with any questions about the 5e changes.
But if you have played that long, you will catch on in no time.

I am also running the Homebrewed world in the Cladmont and Shagos setting. I have an NPC halfling Barbarian I am running along with the group. If you are interested in taking that role on, you are welcome, or if you want to make up a character for a 5e game you are also welcome to that.

I used to be much more active but work has picked up it's pace for me over the last year, and a bit. So I have been posting less than my 10 times a day like I used to.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Hi stranger.

I'd also drop Tristen C a message, his post rate isnt as high as some but his games are first class. My Bard, Cat Folk Ranger and Pixie have been having great fun in his games for years.
5E didnt gel for me, I couldnt grasp it, I fear I might just be old and set in my ways. Chris's game is fun.. He actually has dice rolls more than once every hundred posts like me...
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Lol, thanks for the plug, Jen ;)

My 3 games are all 2e, but I have played with both Chris and Nocturno extensively. They won't steer you wrong ;) And they each run a 5e game (as has been mentioned before)
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs transporting the Crown... while being hunted by a murderer... Act 3, Scene 1
Genwald: DM. PCs Orc hunting before facing the worg-riders again... Act 2, Scene 2
Puzzle Dungeon: DM. Labyrinth of Madness reboot! Approaching the Labyrinth
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Hey Jen, Forgot I was a member on this site. Join a while ago but never got into any games. Just checked it out and looked around.

I am in Both Chris1234 and Nocturno Games. Trying to give in and learn this 5E System. I am an Old Gamer too. 1E & 2E are what I know so this should be a learning experience.

I might be up for another 2E Game too, if anyone needs another player. 2 Games on Unseen Servant dropped off.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Well, for 2e games on the site, there are 4 currently running. To get an idea of what each has to offer there are descriptions on the Forum Main page, and advertisement threads go into more detail

-Demiplane of Dread, set in Ravenloft (could probably make room, I have been wanting to peel off some npcs from the group)
Advertisement here

-The classic Tomb of Horrors module (which has 4 players. if interested it could work)
Ad here

-Genwald (homebrew world) 4 players currently, plenty of room for another. Wide range of unconventional classes and races available. Ad here

Borderlands 3 is run by Stick, and is a continuation of the game advertised Here.
For details, contact him or Jen who is a player in that game so she may have more insight into its current iteration.
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs transporting the Crown... while being hunted by a murderer... Act 3, Scene 1
Genwald: DM. PCs Orc hunting before facing the worg-riders again... Act 2, Scene 2
Puzzle Dungeon: DM. Labyrinth of Madness reboot! Approaching the Labyrinth
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

TristenC wrote:Well, for 2e games on the site, there are 4 currently running. To get an idea of what each has to offer there are descriptions on the Forum Main page, and advertisement threads go into more detail

-Demiplane of Dread, set in Ravenloft (could probably make room, I have been wanting to peel off some npcs from the group)
Advertisement here
Come join the Kender in the darkest land there is! lol

-The classic Tomb of Horrors module (which has 4 players. if interested it could work)
Ad here
The Brothers Mondoon! Off to kill the Evilness!
-Genwald (homebrew world) 4 players currently, plenty of room for another. Wide range of unconventional classes and races available. Ad here
Unconventional classes, and races... and I make a High Elf Fighter/Cleric lol...
Borderlands 3 is run by Stick, and is a continuation of the game advertised Here.
For details, contact him or Jen who is a player in that game so she may have more insight into its current iteration.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

You make a high elf fighter/cleric and I make a Cat Folk Ranger... And another PC the others haven't met.

Borderlands was supposed to restart at month ago.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Minotaur Mage would be cool for the Genwald game. Or maybe a Pixie Mage. Have to think on that a while. Using the Humanoid Handbook I presume?

I created an Albino Minotaur Mage in a Roll20 Game some years ago but the Game never happened. Might re create that if allowed. Will check out the guidelines in the thread.

Just when you thought the Mage was out of Spells he whips out a bandolier of darts and starts throwing them with his 20 Strength.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Dargon Lonewolf wrote:Minotaur Mage would be cool for the Genwald game. Or maybe a Pixie Mage. Have to think on that a while. Using the Humanoid Handbook I presume?
Yep, both Minotaur mage and Pixie mage are doable and from Complete humanoid. In fact, one of our original players had a Minotaur ranger-mage, and Jen alredy mentioned she has a Pixie Witch (variant caster with access to both arcane and clerical spells). I'll glance through my notes but i think they were handled mostly straight from the Complete Humaoid reference.
Dargon Lonewolf wrote: Just when you thought the Mage was out of Spells he whips out a bandolier of darts and starts throwing them with his 20 Strength.
Haha, yes darts are quite a good if oft overlooked option for mages. And a high RoF thrown weapon like that certainly allows for good usage of a str based dmg bonus :lol:
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

So what classes are there currently playing? I usually try to pick something to fill a space.

Just looking at the Minotaur. Requires double experience to advance in level. That is harsh for a Mage. I am interested. Set me up a Forum if you would. And I will get started.

Thinking Ranger/Mage. Was looking at Druid/Mage but no allowance for that.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Forum set and pms for the other stufd. Welcome Aboard :D