Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

Post by TristenC »

Previously:

Post by Jenara » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:29 pm
Mira rises with blearly eyes, rubbing the sleep from them her gaze falls to the bag where the crown lay, she for one would not be wearing that thing, whatever the creepy dream may say. Checking on Tarlyn she sits crosslegged, refreshing her spells (she will take the same ones).

Karl awkens with his usual precsison, checking on Bayard and ensuring the horse was well before arranging whatever rations they had remaining.

"We should make our way back with as much haste as we can manage, Tarlyn, would you allow Lady Elsa and Master Pyros to ride Bayard so we can move more rapidly?"

///
Tarlyn agreed and the group made good time the next two days through the thick forest. Though the woodlands were teeming with life the environment held a much more placid feeling to those sensitive to such things; like a great danger vanquished... or sleeping...

Eventually the Jackonos' farm and the road beyond came into view. Night drew near and at least a half-day travel remained to reach either Skald or Harmonia. We might be able to rest here, if nothing has come to occupy the cabin since our last visit. Artanis proposes, looking to the others.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Re: Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

Post by Chris1234 »

"Yes, rest here," agrees Jerry.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I could live with that, we could use the beds, I dont know about you all but my back is killing me." She jokes keeping a spell ready as she quietly enters the building. Karl scowls at her apparent lack of care and follows close behind.

"What do you know of this place?" He asks drawing his blade.

"Its alright, we cleared out the crazy wolf thing that lived here, well actually I did. Unless someone else has moved in, all should be ok."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Cautiously the party enter the house through the broken side door, and find the interior in much the same condition as before. After several days, most of the raw food in the pantry has gone bad, but some of the preserved meats are still fit for consumption. Pytor begins moving a few objects to help barricade the broken door into place as before. Tarlyn takes it all in with a discerning eye, relying on the group to determine if it is indeed safe.

As the group settles in, Artanis looks to the gypsy twins before turning back to the others. This seems as good a time as any... We have the crown now, seems all that is left is to get it to Akriel and let her betrothed figure out how to use it to send everyone home. But I don't think I'm going. he pauses to let it sink in a little before continuing. This place... it has it's dangers, but most of them are... familiar to me. Werewolves, hazardous forests... that's no real shift from my life back home. I think I can do some good here... in fact, I'm becoming more and more certain that Mielikki had something to do with my coming here.

Pytor nods along and breaks in when the Ranger finishes. I'm staying too. I've never had any real family except... his hands clasp and release a few times before changing tack. I never knew I had a sister... and she can help me, she understands the 'moon madness'... Marta will need help as well, and... and we still aren't sure if we stopped whatever is making those grotesque green Goblyn things. That's important too...

Adran nods, The quest for my mentor's tome has led me here. If a volume in Dr Dominiani's library leads me somewhere else in this strange land, then I'll be staying too...

Elsa scans the group and whistles low. Wow.. you guys I... I can't tell you all how much it has meant to me to be able to depend on you, but I know you have to follow your own path... For me, my path leads me back home. Any and all of you are welcome at any time, so don't think just by running off now you can't find me later ok?! Meadville, Sun Kingdom. You come find me, ok?! Her hand finds and squeezes Mira's. You're still coming, right? You have to be there for spring festival. I won't take no for an answer. she adds with a smirk.

===
At this time I'm thinking a few NPCs need to peel away from the main group (because we have basically 11 characters and 3 sometimes 4 PCs. I'd like to get it down closer to half and half.
I feel like Elsa, Merrick, and Cross have the best motives story-wise for staying. Karl i will leave completely up to Jen. Adran will probably tag along until the library at least where his next lead is for the cryptic journals.

That said, if any PCs or players want to make a strong case for the gypsy twins and Art to tag along with the group a little longer, now is the time. They'll still be around (world wise) and reachable with a little effort if the PCs decide they need some reinforcement
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Karl has always wanted to go home, staying with the group is his best place to do that, if you dont mind me running two PCs I'll keep him till we get them back somehow)

"I cant say I understand, probably because I havent had anywhere to belong, oh people like my songs here but even they are fickle. I'm definately going back with you Elsa, I have nothing left anywhere else. Art.. I know you and I have dissgreed, but thank you, truly, I hope you find what you are looking for. Pytor..I wish I had what you have, you have real family. My friends are my family." She squeezes Elsa's hand. "We all need to do whats right, and you Karl?"

"My path remains with you until we find a way home, then my men, my Beloved, they are my pull. The war still rages Lady Mira, but thanks to the Golden General the tide has turned. I want to see my home free once more." He states proudly.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros doesn't know what to make of the talk of the future so he offers to break out the dice and see if he can get a group game going to distract, and lighten the mood.

"I never know where I am going until each foot hits the ground, so let's have some entertainment, and see if we can avoid one of those awful nightmares tonight."
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry doesn't say anything but steps into Merrick and snuggles under his arm, hers about his waist. She almost purrs.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Cross:
"This seems like as likely as good a place as any to further my magical searches. In fact, I haven't even imagined the oppressions of my Drow masters from my youth in quite awhile."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Any plans before bed for the night?]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Anybody need healing?" asks Jerry.

When that's taken care of she asks, "I know this is a personal thing, but is anyone interested in comparing spellbooks? It is Mystra's wish. "
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Unless anyone else requires aid, I would be happy to receive your gods aid." Karl offers a small bow.

"I'd love to share spells, but the way I learn.. Its quite different to you." Mira opens her spellbook, instead of the usual arrangement she was expecting the book was filled with flowing musical notations.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Cross will stay quiet, his book is a well guarded secret, having to struggled so hard to get the spells he does have.
He will mainly interact with Fenrir for the rest of the evening, tossing bits of food.
===========================================
Pyros will be content playing any kind of game of chance until bed. Even just playing against himself if no one else is interested.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Jerry nods are prays for Karl to be mended. Jerry looks at Mira's spell book and tries to study it..

======
OOC: CLW for karl [1d8]=6
Is it possible for MU to learn a spell from a bard (assuming theb ard is there to explain it and the spell is on both spell lists)? Perhaps a lower chance to learn?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

(Mira showed him the book, she hasn't let him have it, I didnt think it would make sense for her to have a 'normal' spellbook, and thats why she has to copy spells out before she can learn them, she has to covert them to her way of thinking. )

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Jerry prays for healing for Sir Karl and some of his wounds close up.
-====
Jerry casts CLW on Sir Karl
Sir Karl is healed 1d8=6 hps [37/44]

The odds are basically normal. We can say Mira and Jerry basically help each other decipher their notes, though their way of thinking about, recording and remembering are different