Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

Post by Gregor »

Gregor nods to Iscind in appreciation for the complement. Lucky spot, he smiles. Can you tell if the tracks were of someone already being pursued or just trying to get somewhere?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"That is too bad. I think you two would have had a great match!"

"Anyone up for a bit of a dice match?"
Revenant
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Revenant »

Esker Manyblades

Esker looks over his area trying to ascertain if anyone has left signs of having passed this way. His ear perk up at Gregor's keen eyes spotting something. But he continues to concentrate on the area around him confident his shield-sister will follow up on what Gregor has seen.

Tracking Check: [1d20]=9
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The Broken Wheel: Interior: (Karl, Mira, Pyros, Del, Elsa, Jerry, Merrick)

Del keeps an eye out for guild members but nothing comes up. She doubts they would follow her inside, more likely they wanted to confirm where she was staying. Listening to the locals the conversation is mostly in that strange musicsl language she doesn't speak, but if thr party is any judge most are probably discussing the recent murder outside the front door of the inn last night.

Pyros roams around the common area, speaking to Del and Karl: the latter agreeing to return with Pyros to the Old Kartakann Inn.

Azi scrubs her eyes and looks at Mira as the bard approaches, the normally spitfire attitude replaced now by greif and worry. She's gone... I... it can't be real... I was so harsh to her... and... and now Airand...

Hearing his name, the dark haired young man turns and frowns. Sadness creeps in as his eyes land on his friend and he moves over to her as well. Quietly he speaks, Azi, I... someone has got to pay for this. Come on... I'll walk you home... he offers.

Upper Skald: The Hill: (Cross, Esker, Iscind, Gregor)

Esker and Iscind examine the tracks on opposite sides of the road and compare notes. They do seem to belong to the same individual, based on the print size and shape. The gait seems to be more hurried on the side nearer the hill, as if somewhere in the road the subject began to feel more urgency was needed. The newfound steps seem more cautious, and weave from farther East between the back yards of other structures...

Following the lead brings the trio through the yards to dead end at the T-intersection of another cobblestone road. The tracks are a little rushed at their origin beside the road, indicating perhaps that the victim left the road hurriedly, and then moved more cautiously behind the buildings; perhaps trying to hide.

Cross watches the proceedings interestly, while Fenrir takes advantage of the open air by circling high above the group.

The intersection itself has several shops and residences in close proximity to the road. Directly across the street stands a large building of brick. The front of the structure (facing South) is lined with redstone columns carved with depictions of men and women playing various instruments up the entire length. At the ends green malachite makes up the caps and bases, gilded in spots to resemble leaves. It is three stories high with a multi-peaked roof and tall narrow windows on the upper floors. The sign above the door is written in that strange language, but it seems to be a place of musical study. There are a few locals of various ages milling about the grounds around it.

[All of the tracks seem to be from the same subject as the victim's. No further tracks of the pursuer have been found. The big buikding is GH on the map, a description will be added to the "Acquired party Knowledge" thread. I'll update the map later but the trail leads straight to the T-intersection beside the Grand Hall]
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros will look around and try his skill at the new language.

"Anyone for a game of dice?"

Announcing to the bar, whether it comes out right or not.

[1d100]=43

He will accompany the gobbly-gook with shaking his dice around in plain view.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I know. I miss her too. I wish I had known she was here." She stokes the girls back hugging her close. "Please stay safe. Do NOT go out at night. Please, I know you know that more than me but please. Promise me." She assets that hard, rising to meet Airand and again. "Watch your back, dont do anything stupid. Swear it." She grabs the boys arm. "Azi needs you and so do I. I need my friends, and you are my friend aren't you?" Plus he was on a list, one she was concerned for.

"I'm more than I seem. I will.. do what I can to make sure she is avenged. If I can. Tell me if there is to be some sort of service, I'd like to attend."
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Karl steps by Mira protectively, his hand on his hip as he gives the boy a stern look. Grief was a terrible thing.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Gregor
Vagabond
Vagabond

Post by Gregor »

Glancing up at the large hall and the illegible sign no doubt declaring its purpose, Gregor sighs and then shrugs to the group. I can't make out the writing and 'ave no musical talent anyway. Might be worth asking within if we could talk to 'em. Do we try or head back to find someone who can ask for us?
tarlyn
Freeman
Freeman

Post by tarlyn »

Delsenora finishes her meal and beverage.. Placing her napkin on the table she rises and heads for her room and her gear.

Gathering it, she closes the door behind her . Descending the stairs, she moves to the exit. WIthout looking around she does exit and heads towards

Lower Skald, Specifically the Wooden Mug.

She keeps an eye out for any , "observers" and their ilk.
"Killing means never having to say you're sorry"
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Pyros shrugs his shoulders. "Guess she isn't interested."

He will then walk up to the bar, and see if they will help him get a game going.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Apparently not." Karl answers the Kender as he watches Del leave, concern evident on his face.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Revenant
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Revenant »

Esker Manyblades

Looking up at the sign on the building, Esker asks of no one in particular, "Perhaps an instrument shoppe?" Then returning his gaze to the tracks, "I think our friend was trying to hide, but likely his pursuer caught up with him. Is that how you read them Iscind?"
Darithe
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Darithe »

Iscind

"Either a shoppe or a teacher," Iscind says looking up at the sign. "Yes, the hiding one was followed, but I am not clear what happened after," she looks around expecting to find blood.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The Broken Wheel: Interior: (Karl, Mira, Pyros, Del, Elsa, Jerry, Merrick)

Without further word to the group after her vent to Elsa, and not acknowledging the other party members, Del rises and leaves with her bags.
(Both Mira and Pyros spoke to her but she hasn't responded to them)
[Moving Del to her private thread]

Pyros looks for a game of bar dice, but nobody seems to be in the mood at the moment with the murder fresh on people's minds.

Azi seems to take the Bard's kind words in the spirit intended, nodding in agreement to inform her of the arrangements regarding the memorial service. Airand doesn't seem to object her hand on his arm as she advises him to caution, perhaps due to their existing familiarity. Don't worry I'll get her home safe, but I'll be back later. The somber pair rise and leave as well.

Merrick snaps out of his deep thought, inspecting the garlic (from the kitchen), stakes and mallet (from the barn). Is this... all we need? I wonder if the others have had any luck tracking... him. he muses.

Upper Skald: Outside the Grand Hall: (Cross, Esker, Iscind, Gregor)

The four note the sign but none of them are able to actually read it, instead musing over the possible functions of the place from appearances.

No blood is to be found in this area, and it seems likely the stalking began near here, with the victim's awareness of being followed driving her to cut through back yards in her ultimately futile attempt to escape...

Cross looks around at the structure and seems to recall something, Oh, I remember now! I passed this with Mira several days ago. It's a musical conservatory, kind of. You can take lessons here and get official papers and such. Laisa had some friends who studied here...
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Let's go see," suggests Jerry, moving towards where her friends might be.