Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

Darithe
Peasant
Peasant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 3 Scene 1: Arrivals and Leavetakings

Post by Darithe »

Iscind

Iscind stares at the bird, even more ill-at-ease at what Cross says, "Remembers me how exactly?" The stories of her kin, said such creatures were the messengers of the gods, but could that be true even in these lands? Iscind is intrigued and a little apprehensive of the suggestion.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Cross shrugs, I'm not really sure... he isn't really able to explain it in a way I can understand. Something about seeing you, but the impression I get is more like... a reflection, or seeing something through the fog where you can't pick out details well... The avian fluffs it's feathers but settles down. The dark feathered head cocks as it stares at her from first one side, then the next. He is certain it was you, though...
Revenant
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Revenant »

Esker Manyblades

"Elsa is right," Esker states while stroking his beard, a habit he find comforting, "None is responsible save the one who did it." He takes a seat beside his shield-sister, "What have you been up to kindred?"
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Then it has to pay. And pay it will." She decides after a period of silence. Her head turning away. "Understand most of my knowledge comes from songs and from books, what if..?" She points towards the massive keep that loomed over all of them..

"This thing likes cellars, basement's?" She asks Jerry, "Wouldn't that have loads?"
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Jerry tilts her head a little. Yes, basements and cellars are likely to have vermin and such things. Those and a general sick-liness to the humanoid inhabitants can be an indicator of something amiss... The Cleric-Mage muses.

That is the Meistersinger's Keep... It would probably be very difficult to gain access in any legitimate manner without the proper authorization... Merrick elaborates

True, Jerry allows, But if we draw nearer there may be outward evidence of excessive verminous presence that could inform our proceedings... she offers.

Well is there anywhere else that seems likely? Cross inquires. We have a few hours until dusk, so long as we search and meet up before then... I mean... the Va... er Creature won't emerge before sundown... right?

Jerry nods, Until then, yes. It would be relatively safe to split up.
Darithe
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Darithe »

Iscind

Iscind relays to Esker what has occurred in his absence and the part about being the raven recognizing her. Arching a blonde brow at her shield-brother when she mentions this.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"Then we should at least try. Get a little Closer anyway." Mira suggested. "I'm lead by you here. "
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Revenant
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Revenant »

Nods impassively at Iscind's words. Likely, it meant nothing but time would tell. He sips from his mug, "Meistersinger's Keep, sounds like a place that would appreciate a good song." He glances at Jenara, "Perhaps a renowed songbird might be the key to opening its doors."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The group agrees to proceed towards the Meistersinger's Keep and Gregor hesitates. Our friend Pyros is still off somewheres, and I'm not terribly excited about walking straight up to the law... not that I've done anything amiss, mind you... I'll stick around here a bit in case our pal comes back this way. Ok? He looks off towards the old clock tower, It's half-past 3 now... If I don't see him in an hour I'll head back to the inn to check there. Say... what time is sunset around here? I'd hate to get caught out after dark.

Merrick thinks briefly, Maybe... half past 6 or so? So we have a couple of hours left at least before the memorial.

The party heads South along the gently arcing and neatly cobbled road. Before long the well-appointed shops and homes give way to manicured lawns and well-cared for hedges and topiaries that do little to obfuscate resplendent mansions in an array of styles. Here a fine black slate roof shelters redstone columns before the polished stone siding; there cedar shingles and copper gutttering adorn a stately manse of arched windows and expertly carved oaken doors, farther on a textured stucco wall spreads into tower-like curved walls supports a roof of red-clay tiles.

Continuing onward the cobbles connects to a wider but plainer stone road affair that follows the southern wall of the town...

The Meistersinger's Keep: Wall-Tower entrance, exterior.
(Karl, Mira, Pyros, Del, Elsa, Jerry, Merrick, Cross, Esker, Iscind,)

Turning East along the wider road the group draws nearer... High atop the 60' cliff to the east of Skald is a wall connecting it with a small fortress to the south-east. The fortress, although not large, has a dark and powerful look to it. The walls are set with deadly spikes that make the battlements look most sinister. The entire building seems to loom over the town like a great beast waiting to attack.

A great tower starts at the base of the cliff and runs up to become part of the keep itself, giving the structure an unnerving look. The design seems too unusual to be the work of mortal men. The Kartakan flag, a black field with a yellow lute set on it, is flutter-ing from a spire set atop this mighty stone tower.

Here near the cliff and high walls the cold wind proves stronger. Faint notes of a song can be heard drifting down from the fortress, as they make their final approach. The melody is haunting and dark, seemingly a lament for soldiers who have fallen in combat. Just as the party reaches the foot of the tower an ominous chime sounds from the North side of town, ringing the hour...

====
Time is now 4pm. It is about 2-1/2 hours until sundown. The memorial is to begin a little before 6

The light blue dot is the party's current position
Attachments
Screenshot_20240624_163641_Dungeon Sketch.jpg
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I'm not saying its the place... but.." MIra tilts her head towards the Building, "We need to take a look don't we?" She looks to Karl who nods solemnly, "So, how do we get in there? Suggestions?" She looks to the building and the Entrance. "I wonder if they have heard of me?"

Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

It is possible they have heard of you, Merrick muses.

Maybe if we tell them we know something about the murders? Elsa suggests
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"It's worth a shot.." she begins to head that way, hoping the others will follow, and hoping once again it wasn't a trap.

"We'll tell them what we know, and see if we can take a look a bit later.." she decides almost talking to herself.

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

As the group is reaching the Keep, Pyros comes hustling up.

"Jerry! Jerry! Mayhew here has some questions about your Dad!"
With a big breath, he will slow himself down.

"He is so interested in our stories. He was making notes, and hanging on my every word! He thinks he can help with our investigation!"

He will then lose interest, his task of bringing Mayhew to Jerry, and start trying to think of a way to nicely store his tar covered bullets.

"I'm probably gonna need a pouch just for these. And some lard...."