Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread

A 2E game set in the mysterious realm of Ravenloft.

Moderator: TristenC

TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread

Post by TristenC »

This is a private thread for Nocturno's character Pyros Litehand.

It will contain:
-Current Character Sheet (maintained by dm)
-Character experiences separate from the party

Pyros Litehand by Nocturno

Kender “Handler” (5), NG
XP: 21,753 (TNL: 40,000) (10% bonus for high Dex)
Stats: Str 10 (wt allw 40/115, OD 6, Bb/Lg 2%); Dex 19 (+3 mssl attk, +3 react adj, -4 AC :1 pt penalty for withered leg); Con 10; Int 15; Wis 10; Cha 15 (+3 loyalty base, +3 react adj)
Ht: 3' 1" Wt: 62 lbs Age: 32 10 years magical aging
AC: 5 (-4 dex, -2 leather armor) 1 pt penalty for partly withered leg
Current Hp: 22/22 (-17, Wolf man! +9 Jerry, + 11Elsa) Status: Right Leg partly Withered!!! (Mv 3/6: 4 below 64 lbs)-1 for single limb

Saves: PPDM (12); RSW (12); PetPoly (11); BW (15); Sp (13) [+4 evasion from Dex for dodgeable saves]
Special: Fear: (NA); Horror (13); Madness (16) [Kender immune to fear]

Spells in Effect:

WP: Hoopak (Special, see below) Club (1d6/1d3), Dagger (1d4/1d3: R10/20/30).
Thac0: 18 (15 w/missile weps, 21 untrained)
Hoopak: sling stone (1d4+1/1d6+1), sling bullet (1d4+2/1d6+2) RoF 2/1, R30/60/90. Sp 11 (planted adds 20’ to max range but doubles weapon speed)
NWP: Swimming (10), Fire-building(9), Direction Sense (11), Gaming (15), Reading/Writing (16), Survival: Steppe (15), Set Snares (18, 14 for large snares), Fast Talking (15)
Languages: Kender, Common (Krynn), Elven (Quinalesti and Silvanesti), Mountain Dwarf, Goblin
Harmonian (12+5%) = 17%

Racial bonuses/abilities: (True Kender)
Immune to natural and magical Fear (Un-afflicted), Infravision (30 ft),
Kender Pockets:
Taunt: target saves vs spell or attacks for 1d10 rounds at -2 to hit, +2 to AC

Class/Kit bonuses/abilities
Thief skills, Ability to set man-sized traps (with Set Snares Proficiency), Backstab (x3)
Thief Skills: PP 50%; OL 90%; F/RT 80%; MS 75%; HS 50%; DN 35%; CW 55%; RL 5% (+5%PP&HS, 10%MS&CW included for not wearing armor)

Equipment: [weight in lbs], {objects in container}
Worn: Cargo pants, Soft boots {sheathed dagger}, Leather armor, good cloth cloak[2], belt 1{daggers 2x [2], small sack #1[0.1]{Blacksmith Puzzle Master [1], toad statue simple tiny of Green Malachite [0.2], toad statue small intricate highly polished briar-wood [0.2], Mittens, Chalk [0.1], Flint and Steel [0.1], Silver Fishhook x14 [0.1], 20 candies [0.1], small silver mirror 2x3"[0.1], Thieves' picks [1], iron dagger [0.75], gold-studded club [4], Sling Bullet x11 (1 pretty, 1 shiny)[5.5], Iron Sling Bullets x4 [2], Silver Sling Bullets 10x [5], sling stone (striped red)[0.5], marbles (green&white, Purple&blue marble, sparkly black x4)[0.6], small sack of 30 matching marbles [3], rosary beads (x3)[0.3], wax ball (slingstone size)[0.1], cards [0.1], tarot cards [0.1], 6-sided dice (2x), redstone dice, darts (4x, diff colors)[0.4], Red and silver stone from TT[0.2]}, Small sacks: (#2 {stuff}, #3 {more stuff}, #4 {even more stuff}, #5 {given to Jerry}, #6 {lotsa little stuff}, #7 {cool stuff}, #8 {old stuff}, #9 {new stuff})[0.9],sheathed dagger[1], empty knife sheath}, belt 2 {club [3]},Hoopak (slung across back)[2], flowers Wt Carried: 37.95 lbs

Silver dagger from inn. List of names

Backpack (worn) [2] {Dry Rations 1 week [7], 1 lbs Raisins [1], Silk Rope [8] (oiled chute in the Cavern beneath the false crown), Torches x5 [5], Wineskin (half full)[3], waterskin (3/4 full)[4], Winter blanket x2 [6]} Wt Stored: 36 lbs
5 pp, 33 gp, 20 Stlp, 5 ep, 20 sp, 28 cp [2]
3 gems worth 100gp ea
Total Eq wt: 75.45 lbs (Mod enc w/pack on, Un enc w/o pack)
Nocturno
King
King

Re: unnamed (Nocturno) - Private Thread

Post by Nocturno »

Wasn't sure where else to put this. I just used my Forum name for the roll, but I will be coming up with a character name once I read about the kender.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1582777
[1,2,1]=(4)
[5,3,3]=(11)
[5,2,5]=(12)
[1,6,3]=(10)
[6,6,4]=(16)
[6,1,4]=(11)
[6,2,6]=(14)
[1,1,3]=(5)
[2,6,6]=(14)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Sounds good. Looks like a pretty good set of rolls. Are you pretty much sold on the idea of a Kender?

You can post character creation stuff here, in the ooc thread or even pm it to me if you like.
Demiplane of Dread: DM. PCs transporting the Crown... while being hunted by a murderer... Act 3, Scene 1
Genwald: DM. PCs Orc hunting before facing the worg-riders again... Act 2, Scene 2
Puzzle Dungeon: DM. Labyrinth of Madness reboot! Approaching the Labyrinth
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

No, not set, but Thief who can heal themselves is pretty appealing.

And would really go against the Fighter/Clerics I usually end up playing.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Going on a limb here that I roll my fellow to be short, or else he will have to slouch alot.

Pyros Litehand always seemed too small or too slow. Uncle Tas just never let him do anything fun!

When Pyros was just 5 he got his first taste of the wanderlust. It was purely by accident, as most things seemed to be. He was only trying to help find his neighbours cat. But as these things can do, they got boring fast. First he found a tree that looked like someone's grandfather, he could have sworn it pointed east, so he followed.

He then found a pond, a small pond but it was surrounded by stones, that were all perfectly flat. He vowed to himself that he would toss every one into the pond. He tried his hardest, but he soon tired and had a hunger.

Wandering for a bit he found stream, where there were easy trout to grab. He had not learned to build a fire yet, so he ate as much as he could while it was raw.

After dinner of raw trout and forest greens, he laid to rest, and woke in the morning to his mother poised over him about to cuff him on the backside of the head.

After that everyone kept an extra eye on Pyros, which he just took as a challenge. Climbing, hiding, surprising, and general mischief. The treetown provided many options for surprising.

When Pyros was 20, the wanderlust was too strong to resist, he hit the road. While adventuring, beyond all odds, Pyros found a Kendermaid, Tendrow Whistlewood. They had a a whirlwind affair which ended up with a wedding with a drunken priest, rings of unknown sources, and two pairs of shoes tossed into a tree.

Except there was a problem, that unknown source of the rings made it self known. When Pyros was out for his morning constitutional, the source found Tendrow and this source was not a sympathizer, when Pyros returned to the room, he did not understand what happened. He stumbled around the village for a few days, and eventually some caravan caught his eye and he followed it, if for no other reason that the curiosity of where it was headed.
Nocturno
King
King

Re: Pyros Litehand (Nocturno) - Private Thread

Post by Nocturno »

When applying the thieving skills I am using the 5% for each skill other than read languages, and the 40% climb walls, rather than the halfling boni?

I realize what I am asking lol.. not sure why I am doubting myself.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The 5% thing os only for non-thief kender. Trained rogues would use the normal base rogue abilities +the racial bonus for halflings + any dex bonus.

As a single-class rogue you'll be at lvl 4 with 5k xp.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

I guess I was doubting that, because I was wrong.

Thanks.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Hehe, no worries. With non-standard races it's always a little extra-confusing, and the book does a poor job explaining it for thief-classed kender
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Ok, forgot my math for stats and thieving skills at home.

Since I will be level 4 with that 5k XP, I should have 4 weapon, and 7 non weapon profs.

Looking at hoopak, club, and dagger. I'm going with dagger, as they are useful for things other than just backstabbing, as Pyros' adventures progress into more dangerous territory, he may look at getting the bigger swords.

For non weapon:
General from the PHB:
Swimming,Fire-building, Direction Sense

Thief from the PHB:
Gaming, Reading/Writing - Krynn Common, Survival

From the Theif Handbook:
Fast talking, not for the conning, but I would think a Kender will be good at fast talking to get himself out of tight spots caused by the kleptomania.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

You would get 3 WP (2 to start, 1 at 4th lvl) and 4NWP (3 to start, 1 at 4th lvl), though. You do get bonus NWPs for intelligence, once you decide how to allocate/adjust your stats. This will likely give you a total of more than 7 NWPs anyway.

Your choices for them look good, though :)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

You probably noticed I said 4 but chose three weapons...
Anyway, i will have my stats and thueving skills posted once the kids are in bed.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

I did, actually, but just wanted to make sure you weren't hunting for a 4th still :)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

STR started at 12 -1 for race, and minus 1 for DEX for a total of 10
DEX started at 16 +2 for race, and +1 from STR for a total of 19
CON started at 11 -1 for 1 INT for a total of 10
INT started at 14 +1 from CON for a total of 15
WIS started at 11 -1 for CHA for a total of 10
CHA started at 14 +1 for a total of 15

Pick Pockets 15 Base 5 Race 15 Dex = 35
Open Locks 10 Base 5 Race 20 Dex = 35 45 from 4 lvls = 80
Find/Remove Traps 5 Base 5 Race 10 Dex = 20 45 from4 levels = 65
Move Silently Base 10 Race 5 Dex 15 = 35 15 from 4 levels = 65
Hide in Shadows Base 5 Race 15 Dex 15 = 35
Detect Noise Base 15 Race 5 = 20
Climb Walls Base 60 -15 Race = 45
Read Languages Base 0 Race -5 = -5

STR 10
DEX 19
CON 10
INT 15
WIS 10
CHA 15

PP 35
OL 80
FRT 65
MS 65
HiS 35
DN 20
CW 45
RL -5
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

From what I have read I should have Krynn Common plus the number of languages granted by INT.

Languages: Krynn Common, Elf, Dwarf, Gnomish, Goblin(Funny story as to why Pyros knows Goblin)

Weapon: hoopak, club, and dagger.

For non weapon:

General from the PHB:
Swimming,Fire-building, Direction Sense

Thief from the PHB:
Gaming, Reading/Writing - Krynn Common, Survival, Set Snares(Managed to fit this one in!)

From the Theif Handbook:
Fast talking