Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

The Brink [of Madness] Act 1, Scene 1

A classic 2e Puzzle dungeon for High Level characters
Beware, this one is substantially longer and (IMHO) even harder than the legendary Tomb of Horrors!

Moderator: TristenC

Nocturno
King
King
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: The Brink [of Madness] Act 1, Scene 1

Post by Nocturno »

"Thanks for the update."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

BishGada wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:35 am "I don't feel or detect there are any traps here. You can descend the stairs. I'm checking the bottom now." Ke'Sha telepathically informs the others.

=======================================================================
(OOC: Could you please describe where did Ke'Sha arrive? The steps ends with a door? Or the door is far away at some wall? Is there anything else to see on the bottom? More skulls to make Ke'Sha feel at home :lol: )
The pit ends in a flat circular floor, the stairwell coming down into the center. The door is in the wall of the pit straight across from the edge of the stairs. No additional bones
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Well... The room here is round. The stairs are in the middle of it. The door is across the stairs. The floor is empty, so it seems no bones from upstairs had fallen, or the creatures that gnaw on the bones don't come here. I wonder where they get their pray, and why do they avoid the pit...
Anyway, if you have no special ideas I will go to check the door."
He then uses a different telepathic channel, 'Gur, I'd appreciate your presence here. None of these so called adventurers scratches the heels of your abilities and as useful as you.'
Ke'Sha waits a moment to hear if the others want to suggest something and for Gur'Khal-Negh to arrive.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Seems logical to me. Nothing different up here yet either."
Rainshadow
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Rainshadow »

OOC: Landro will make his way back to the party if there has indeed been a split. Incidentally, my laptop died and it took me a bit to get back here! ;) In any case, assume that Landro is indeed with the party. I will chime in often to make sure you know I am here!
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Ke'Sha slowly goes on air towards the door while scanning the floor and walls of the room for traps or magic by sharing the Quasit senses.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Axid via telepathic link: "Ke$ha do you see a way out of that room other than the way you entered it?"
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"Sure! There is a wide passage covered with majestic red rag, with hundreds of hellish guardians, all lined up from both sides, saluting politely and at the end of these lines sits Vytholus himself on his throne and gestures to me to come forward." Ke'Sha answers in ridicule tone. Then, after long loud mental breath, "There is a door, I'm on the way to check it. Be patient."
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Jag rolls his eyes. And goes over his prepared spells in his head, for the 50th time.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Ke'sha scans the area and finds no traps on the door or anywhere at the bottom of the pit
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

"It doesn't seems there is anything suspicious in here. Which makes it very suspicious. I'll let one of the skeletons try and open the door." Ke'Sha instructs the skeleton with the spectral senses to join him and when he does takes some distance from the door while letting the skeleton examine it closely and eventually open it.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The skeleton descends the stairs as Ke'Sha backs away, directing it to open the door. The door opens easily, leading to a steep stairwell that extends 10 feet to a square room with another door on the opposite side...
Attachments
Screenshot_20240205_085956_Dungeon Sketch.jpg
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Ke'Sha and Gur are air walking around the circular room scanning the floor and walls from close then they are approaching the stairs and scanning it and the room downstairs with their enhanced abilities. Ke'Sha also looks carefully at the open door and it's frame looking for warnings. If nothing is suspicious Ke'Sha will instruct the skeleton to go down the stairs.

=====================================================================================
(OOC: Nice skeleton. Seems a bit agonized. :)
Well, we are starting to gain distance from the group... If the next door still leads on, we may want to rejoin.)
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Lol, especially since he is the one cautioning the group not to split up ;) ]

As soon as Ke'Sha inspects the new stairs and floor beyond, they glow a dull red in his magically enhanced vision; indicating some form of trap but not what...
BishGada
Viscount
Viscount

Post by BishGada »

Ke'Sha immediately instructs the skeleton to hold still. He considers to inform the others that everything is clear and see what happens, but then decides against it. "So, the door opens to another room. It's floor and the stairs leading to it are trapped. There is another door in the opposite wall." he pauses, "So, anyone skilled with removing traps want to try his luck or guess how the trap works?"