Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

OOC Chat

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Chris1234 »

Sue, Jim & Woody know Darren to be an aasimar, a human with a large amount of celestial ancestry.
They've also seen Darren glow in the sewers and the radiance he emitted burnt both him and any close to him.

(He is a Scourge Aasimar.)
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Sorry been awol super busy in and out of work the last couple weeks.

Doesn't look like it is any slower this week.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

counterkid wrote: Out of Character chat: Chris, please clarify, if we sign up for the guild it will cost use 25 dragons each per month. We would also gain some magical items or some spells.
I'm willing to sign up.
Signing up as an indiviual (if accepted of course) would cost 25 dragons each per month, so yes.
And also, yes, that would grant access access to further spells. Basically you give them a spell they don't have then you can copy one of the same level. Not free by any means, but access. (I think there's a cash etc equivalent too. It's a few years since I designed the organisation..)

"Corporate membership" at 100gps per month is break even at four members in the Adventuring Company. It's more cost effective with more than four members compared to the single member rate of 25gp per month.. (break even is four members

Part of the deal you're being offered (for an item you didn't want) is free group membership for one year. it just requires a majority vote to proceed. (At the moment it's one "yes" and a pair of "haven't answered yet".)

To expand on a previous query, SELUM is a faction but is also (effectively) an Adventurers' Guild (despite using the term "Society").
If an PC chooses to be in the Faction then one automatically gains membership of the Society. But it is possible to pay for membership of the Society without becoming involved in its Faction activities.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

I remember now why I didn't reply to the Fresh Air thread yet.

Stole a few minutes from work, but not enough to go through that at the moment.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Can we um include some NPCs we know that would benefit from inclusion in said Society.

I'm thinking we could use this as a way to butter up a NPC or 2.

Darren, or Potion Guy - name escapes me at the moment, or even Daisy.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

a) One year SELUM membership for your adventuring band, 1200GP
b) Research assistance for seven focused topics.* Sounds Expensive, and sounds like we could find out how to capture part of an essence!
c) You each gain three potions of Greater Healing [4d4+4] plus 30 Harbour Moons Zoinks more cashola
d) You each choose any two common items. We talking Magic items listed as common?
e) You each choose either eight spell levels of 1st and 2nd level arcane spells
or two uncommon items from:
2x Amulet of Anti-Nature, Bag of Holding, Boots of Springing & Striding, Boots of the WInterland, Bracers of Archery, Cloak of Elvenkind, Cloak of the Manta Ray, Gloves of Thievery, Goggles of Night x2, Halberd +1, Javelin of Lightning, +1, Mariner's Armour (breastplate), 3x Periapt of Health, Rapier +1, Ring of Swimming, Rope of Climbing, Scimitar of Fire (+1d6 fire dam), Short Sword +1, Wand of Magic Detection, Warhammer +1
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

D) yes
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

That is a crazy list.

Ok I think I'll be around more. Going to set aside some time for posting. I do like playing here on the forums. But life made them take a backseat for a bit.
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Ok so Evenwood will pay the 25 dragons.
We will take 10 of the harbour moons and give 10 each to his friends assuming they sign up.
He will take 3 potions great healing
He will take a Cloak of Many Fashions
He will take an Enduring Spellbook
He will take 4 spells all second level: Blur, Cloud of Daggers, Levitate, See invisibility

All assuming a understood correctly.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Do you have a preferred list of common items to choose from?

What does the Amulet of Anti-Nature do?
Do we already have an Orb of Direction?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Nocturno wrote:Do you have a preferred list of common items to choose from?...
In the back of XGE.
Nocturno wrote:...What does the Amulet of Anti-Nature do?...
here you go:
Amulet of Anti_Nature.png
Amulet of Anti_Nature.png (84.03 KiB) Viewed 964 times
Nocturno wrote:...Do we already have an Orb of Direction?
If there's one on your character sheet then yes. otherwise, no. (I think Woody had one at some point).
counterkid
Knight
Knight

Post by counterkid »

Woody as an Orb of Time and a polished gray stone that points North.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

OK!

A bit of a recap for me and Counterkid... it has been awhile and I know he has it all memorized but I am posting it here for me.
It has not been very long for the characters but it has been a long time for this ol tired brain.

Current Quests:
Harko - recruiting Kenku at the dock, we can claim the bounty and try to find out what he is doing in one of the warehouses and turn him in, in return for the tip on where to buy the potion.

Harko Swornhold has illegally returned to Waterdeep. He's a mercenary with a lot of bad history in this town, and was last seen recruiting kenku in the Dock Ward. Find him and turn him, in whatever condition, over to the authorities. You keep the bounty. He's got a scar shaped like a wishbone on the back of his left hand, keep an eye out.
You should search for Harko along the dockfront warehouses after sundown. That's where the kenku hang out. If you trace him back to a warehouse, it might contain things of interest to the Watch.

Radiance of a Celestial - Current research project
Cloak of a Cultist - Find a cult
Tears of a Murderer - Tears from Harko?

Necromancer in the GY - From Daisy a Harper mission
It seems there's a necomancer stealing bones from the City of the Dead and animating them as skeletons. The night watchman has asked for help, and Those Who Harp are the only ones who have listened. Please talk to him at your earliest convenience.

The whole nonsense from the elves in the street.

"Things that we must tell." "Important things that those who..."

[Celestial] "...we must tell, want to tell?", [Elvish] "Nay, cursed to tell!..."
After that was said, more words came but not that I understood. Then they said this
[Celestial] "...fragment of fated tablets else powder ground in the Year of Shadows…".

"I heard the voices in Orcish, and Halfling. The last bit was spoken in the voice of my spiritual guide Zor Lonetree."

[Orcish] "...ordning shattered by annam, the all-father. Doom...", [Halfling] "...and despair shall visit all small folk unless..."
[Orcish] "…be restored, so seers tower over the aloof, the warmongers, the predators and xenophobes and all...", [Halfling] "...above those of the hills, once more. Else each shall challenge fated hierarchy to reforge their destiny..."
[orcish] "The eye sends assassins. Rassalanter..." Sue's ears pop and he gets he most incredible pains in all his internal tubing. it passes. "...zalto's minios recovering vonindod shards!"

Woody however recalls that the 'Year of Shadows', 1358DR, was the start of the Time of Troubles when the gods Bane and Myrkul sought to steal the Tablets of Fate from the overdeity Ao. The gods were cast out of the planes by Lord Ao and forced to wander Toril as mortals to recover and return the stolen Tablets of Fate. Magic turned to chaos, prayers went unanswered and many deities were destroyed.

Jim had heard that it was the then-mortal Company of the Lynx recovered the Tablets of Fate.

Woody recalls that the Tablets of Fate, made of Divine Stone Essence, held a listing of the Gods and their roles in the balance of Law and Chaos, essentially a contract laid out by its creator.

Sue was once lectured on how, if he ever fell asleep during lectures again, would be ground into dust and powder just like Lord Ao did to the Tablets of Fate after they were returned to him.

I can say that during the crisis both Bane and Myrkul were slain although Bane later returned. It was Kelemvor, Midnight and Cyric that recovered the Tablets of Fate and returned them to Ao who, to quote the Sages of Candlekeep, 'on grinding them to powder didst unravel the very threads of Realmspace, didst induce the Era of Upheaval, the Second Sundering, thence remaking the Tablets of Fate from the Void, inscribing names and purposes of gods and primordials in a new reality.' Kelemvor, Midnight and Cyric became gods.

"The 'the all-father' is an ancient title confered by gaints on Annam, the leader of their deific pantheon. We've had reports filtering in over the last few months of stone giant and fire giants venturing from their strongholds and making minor assaults on civilisation throughout the north. Contexturalising this, the reference to 'smallfolk' most likley means the entire humanoid civilisation, dwarven, elven, human and other alike.

"The voice from your past, Sue, seems to be a warning about Xananthar, an Eye Tyrant, or ancient beholder.

"Rassalanter is a hamlet along the Long Road to the north of the city.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Spot on
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

OK, before I get this going again, let's see who's still about.

Roll call, please!