Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

OOC Chat

A 5e D&D campaign starting at 1st level in and around the city of Waterdeep in the Forgotten Realms.

Waterdeep: City of Splendours, seat of many thousand plots. Are they opportunities for success, or for an untimely demise?
Will the adventurers sit safely in their comfort zones? Or will they risk their all to carve out a slice of Realms history with their names on it? Puppet or puppeteer?

Moderator: Chris1234

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: OOC Chat

Post by Chris1234 »

Yes, please.
Dargon is going to have a try at running Unbar.
If you could pick up Jim that would be great.
Can you grant yourself access to the Jim threads? Unless it allows you to copy them across?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

The Fresh Air thread is still waiting on me picking the items for Jim?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Yep
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Picked the items.

Could we get a quick recap when you have time?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Yes, of course. I lost my connection to ths game at the end of last year (along with other things) but I'm getting it back together.
So, for this game, there were three threads of which you had characters involved in two of them. Of the latter (from memory):

The out of town group (lower level) had found Nandars Keep (and its palisaded village) to have been pounded by rocks and the town overrun by goblins. The brave adventurers expelled the goblins only to be threatened by an unrelated band of orcs that were seeking shelter from an elven border patrol. The orcs invaded and their brutish allies invaded the village but with much effort were repelled and thence obliterated by our heroes (the PCs). Hoping to be able to rest in the village, the party were discovered that the villagers and town guard had taken refuge in the Driopping Caves, perhaps a mile away from the village. Investigation there revealed that those taking refuge had been capyured by the goblin king, his tribe and the king's pair of ogrish bodyguards. With much bravery and daring-do the adventurers vanquished the king and his forces, restoring the villagers to their village. The villagers explained that the boulders had hurled by giants from 'a castle that floated on a cloud'. After most of them had left to take refuge in the caves, some of the giants descended and took a large black rock from the middle of the town square and then departed in their floating castle. The goblin invasion was seemingly un unlucky consequence of the giants' actions rather than premeditated.
After some less stressful days rebuilding the village, the villagers were running short of wood and spoke of their long standing strife and arm's length confrontations with the forest's sylvan elves who wished them gone. To complicate matters, Lady Nandar, who would be the natural authority and representative of the village had been killed by a fallling boulder before the heroes arrived. Isaril, the group's elven druid, acted an intermediatary and arranged a meeting with the sylvan folk. The adventurers have volunteered to negotiate on behalf of the villagers and seek a peaceful solution that may involve compromises all round.

{Anything to add in to that?)

I will try to summarise the Waterddep group (higher level) later.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

I think that hit it all on the head.

Vic's negotiation post should play out what he intends to do when they meet with the elves.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

So are we done here? Or just on vacation?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

I think I caught up on my stuff on this thread. Maybe a run down on what Chris is waiting for?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Sure, I'll rsee if i can find my notes (and make sense of them).
A bit of debilitation and then heat have suppressed my mojo. Want to do this. just getting it (and me) going again is the thing..
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Let me know if this is going to continue soon or needs to be archived for the moment
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

That's probably the nudge I need.

OK, folks, anyone still around that would be interested in a reboot of this?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

/nudge lol
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Thats a "yes"?
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

I am in at the more slower pace we seem to have been setting as of late in the other games.

I know Counterkid is still around, but who knows what that old man remembers.

SQL has probably forgotten the forums exist already.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

If we get a second PC interested then it's a go.