Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by Chris1234 »

"We will, thanks," answers Linar. then looking around at the adventuring group. "Good to continue if you are..?"
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip just takes everything in makes mental notes of what he sees for later transcription. He scans the walls and such for weak points and generally keeps his head down.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

(Where does the group want to go first? Market, the Keep, secure lodging at the Horse and Plow?)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

If it's nearly night then lodgings. Otherwise let's divest some of the accumulated stuff we may have gathered and see what coin is available to each.
(In the latter case, then go shopping).
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

(Midday)
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

Sell the Troll blood, Split the booty, and to the Keep for the Bow and Armor.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Agree with Bull.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

"I'd like to get some of these items identified we have gathered if possible if there is a place to do such here. At least there is good rock here. Thanks be to Calladuran"
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Jordek leads the others through the streets, sticking mostly to the white-stone wall of the inner-keep. The disparate newcomers draw nearly every eye, though some whisper excitedly to their compatriots while others seem to have decided there is somewhere else they are immediately required. Few cobbles line the streets near t keep itself, and it seems to Fin that the whole affair (and a block or two nearby) is built directly upon solid bedrock. The town has a low bustle during the midday hours; the temperate spring weather allowing for comfort even in the heat of the day. The scent of grain, cotton and other goods is fresh in the breeze. After a few blocks they pass the corner of the keep and continue to where the Keep wall meets an inner curtain-wall separating Farmers Ward from the Sword Ward to the south.

A broad gate into the keep stands open now, flanked by heavy stonework and iron reinforcement. A pair of guards stand nearby at attention and a scribe sits a table just past the gate. The guards immediately take note of the party and one holds a hand up in greeting. Names and business in the keep? the elder of the two guards asks, still only of a mid 20 years.
Jordek Pipes up immediately, Oh we are here to do some shopping! We've been here before you know, at least half of us have anyways. Our friend Tag brought us last time, this is Nocturno! he gestures to the high elf Great liberator of goblin prisoners and such! I'm sure' you've heard of him by now yes? And Linar, the Dark! He's really not that bad at all, just more reclusive than most. the forest gnome grins as Chitt the squirrel pokes his head out of his collar then immediately darts back beneath the cover of clothing.

The scribe stares at the group then begins hastily searching a list. He nods to the guard before scribbling the announced names onto a separate sheet. I, see... and the rest of you?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"I am Linar and I have been here before. It was an uneventful, peaceful visit," volunteers Linar. If required he gives the approximate date (or days elapsed).
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip listens intently to Jordan's reply to the scribe. "My business is the same as my cousin's", FIndalsip remarks being unassuming as possible.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

I am Bullock Whitemane, Chosen by the Elders, I travel from the northern mountains in search of my Elders murderers. We are a Lawful people and i will abide by your laws while I am in this town. I am told you have an Armorer here. I wish to see his work and commission him to make me a suit of Platemail for my large size. And your bowyer may have a bow to my likeing. And maybe a scroll or two if I can find a Wizard in this place. So Shopping is the correct word.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar nods at Bullock's word.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The scribe takes down their information and the guard calls over a page he has a quiet word with. The young lad marvels a little at the group, almost certainly never having seen the like of most of them. The guard grunts lightly and the page snaps out of it. With a deep bow he nervously addresses them. S.. sirs? Umm.. if you would follow me I can lead you to master Martins' shop. He shifts from foot to foot until Jordek, grinning wide, nods at the boy. Almost like a shot the human lad, no more than 10, begins to hustle down the hallway. The guardsman grunts louder this time and the boy skitters to a halt. Looking back, he flushes crimson straight to his hairline. Sorry Mr Caffrey. I won't run, i promise! Umm.. Th-this way good sirs! he calls back to the party.

(presuming they follow) The lad leads them down a series of twists and turns. The layout of the keep seems to be intentionally confusing, but the boy seems to know his way well despite looking back at those following him ever dozen steps or so. Eventually he leads them to an apparent dead-end hallway. Knocking on the wall in a certain rhythm, the boy turns and grins wide. The illusion of wall soon dissolves to reveal the shop beyond. All manner of concoctions line various pieces of railed shelving. Stones glowing with a magical light populate the room giving it a bright feel. A robed human man stands a few paces behind a wooden counter inspecting a with what looks like an overly elaborate jeweler's glass with several lenses that can be turned into place.

Ah, You've returned. I presume the campaign against the goblins goes well? he says to Jordek, Nocturno and Linar in a pleasant tone. He scans the newcomers as well. Well, I never expected to see a second Minotaur at my shop, but given your present company please be welcome here. His gaze lingers on Fin for a moment. Welcome, good sirs. I am Calan Martins. How may I assist you?

===
The bowyer is in a different location within the keep as well, which they can visit after, but this is the Alchemist shop.

Potions:
Standard Healing 150 gp (Discount rate)
Heroism 225 (Discount rate)
(possibly others upon request)

Calan shows the group the Hidden Alchemist shop spell list:
L1 (100 gp): Balance, Dancing lights, Detect magic, Identify, Message, Preserve, Run, Sharpen, Tenser's floating disk, Ventriloquism

L2 (250 gp): Detect invisibility, Eagle eyes, Melf's Acid Arrow, Mirror image, Seal, Shatter
(possibly others upon request)
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Hello Calan. I'm Linar. We may have something, or possibly things, of interest to you. Perhaps we can deal with at first and then we will know what we are able to spend in return," suggests the dark elf.