Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

I think this shield I found may be cursed. I have been defeated in every battle i have fought in since finding it. I may have to trade it for a suit of armor in town. Or maybe a bag of fried doughnuts.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Come morning Linar refreshes his spells as need be and checks on Bull, then healing him if he can benefit from it.

======
OOC: If enough time has passed for Bull to benenfit from magical healing then Linar wil cast a pair of CLWs on the fellow:

CLW on Beefy [1d8]=6
2nd CLW on beefy [1d8]=8
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Cursed! Sadly with my limited experience with your uhm kind you all seem to bull rush into the enemy. Though the Dark one is starting to make me think differently of his kind."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Linar casts a couple of healing spells on the Minotaur, closing up most of his wounds.

Well, shall we complete our journey?

====
Everyone injured regains 1 hp from sleep
Findalsip is Fully healed
Nocturno is Fully Healed
Bullock gains 1 hp

I have decided i'm going to allow magical healing after being downed once a full night of rest is complete rather than 25 hrs

Linar casts CLW 2x on Bullock [1d8] = 6 + [1d8] = 8 => 14 hps recovered
Bullock is upgraded to Hurt Badly [16/24 HPs]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar suggests, "Next time we're sneaking somewhere, Bullock, please don't bellow. And don't just run off. I understand it might feel great and stylish and so forth but it puts us at unnecessary risk. Now let's go to town."
Last edited by Chris1234 on Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Bull

Minotaurs are a proud race of action. We confront danger head on, not hiding in holes and sneaking around. Besides that Troll would have had the little one for breakfast if I hadn't engaged it. But I am starting to see your meaning. With no armor I am getting beat down every time. Let's get to town and get some gear upgrades.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Thanks Bull," replies Linar, content to see some intent.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip audibly fakes a 'detect illusion' spell watching the dialogue with the minotaur. "We appreciate your bravado but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. I will be happy to help you find something to better protect you in the heat of combat. However, you still won't be as stylish as me putting the beatdown on some kobolds."
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Jordek listens to the conversation back and forth and when it seems to die down he nods. Well, shall we off to town?
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Bull

Yes, let's get to town.

Did we get XP for the Troll?
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar nods.

======
OOC: Not yet
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip replies "Let's get stomping. These aboleth shoes were made for kicking rocks down the path. I want to see what a town in these parts looks like. Is it well defended? Imposing walls made to repel a invading force? How thick do they make the rock walls? Can they repulse a band of hook horrors or rabid drow? What about psionic defense? Do they have anything for that? I wonder if the walls are constructed in duergar fashion." Realizing that he rattled off many questions all at once in typical gnomish curiosity he pauses for someone to reply.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Bull

All towns have some kind of defensive force to protect it. But I agree let's get our selves there and spend some money gearing up.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The group sets off down the road, the day promising to be overcast and windy. Several hours of travel and carry them to roughly mid-day as they take the final turn out of the thick of the forest.

A cleared field lies ahead, nearly a half mile wide. Stone walls beyond rise some fifty feet above the earth, a berm of which slopes downward on the approach to the outer wall. An earthen bulwark interrupts the slope just before the wall, bristling with wooden spikes that seem never to have seen action. The only opening visible on this face of the wall stands in line with the narrow road. A secondary curtain-style wall, only thirty feet high or so, runs out from the east and west of the city until it merges with the forest. Metal spikes and highly polished stone adorn the steeply peaked top of the run, discouraging trespass. Crenelations dot the battlements, alternating bastions and brief sections of taller wall for cover; with shielded areas to fire down. A pair of small towers flank the single gate visible from this side.

The open area is full of corn and what looks to be farmland for roots and tubers; with separate areas for penned hogs and grazing goats. Mounted men scan and patrol the area diligently. One such group soon spots the adventurers and trots in their direction. Wind whips at their cloaks and sends ripples through the planted crops. Movement atop the battlements suggests this is a closely watched and heavily guarded process. A quartet of lightly armored but swift riders draw nearer the group as they continue down the road into the open. The lead raises a hand in greeting and the other three trail him a few paces behind. Ho there, travelers... he scans the group evenly. Bordertown lies ahead, is that your destination?

////
XP from Blade, 2nd day of Flourish, Year of the Sun 192
Combat XP:
Monsters Defeated
Troll: 1400 [7 HD]
=> 1400 /5 (Bullock, Findalsip, Jordek, Linar, Nocturno) 280 xp ea

Combat HD = 7

Story XP:
Batting Cleanup: 50 xp /ea (Destroying the final troll that escaped Signa's raid)

Group award: 330 xp

Loot:
Troll Blood (3x water skins full)
gems (Fin estimates about 220gp worth)

[Individual XP will be in private threads as usual]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Yes," replies Linar.