Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Styrius
Peddler
Peddler
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip follows along on the road with the group. He remains not at all comfortable with the traveling conditions. So much green and brown all around and nothing overhead except weird puffy things and a ball of heat glowing brightly. He wonders half to himself /half aloud “What in the nine unspeakable drow hells have I wandered into?” He glances around and remembers he is out in the world and not the only one that can hear him. “Calladuran, lend me your strength and resolve like the rock you created from the beginning to endure even when you aren’t near.” He spies a small pebble on the road and picks it up and rubs in between his fingers as he strides (as much as gnomes can) along the path.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar continues excercising his 'Common' muscles, picking up the odd word or five.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

Watches the others as they make their way down the road. Should we not be mindful of an ambush? This road looks like a good place to pick off travelers. Wonder if there are any Firbolg's near by? I need a new bow. He chuckles to himself.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Everyone, put your extra burdens on my friend here." He slowly pats the Donkey.

Keeping the rear guard he will guide his mount.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Katten cautions the others, readies her bow and moves to the downed tree. She soon finds the base seems to have been uprooted by a prodigious force. Old scorch marks mar an opening to an underground den of some kind. The scent of fire is gone, indicating it must have been over a week ago. Some of the tracks look like the clawed hands and feet of large humanoids. Jordek notices Katten's inspection. Yeah, Nocturno and I found this on our way to town last time. It seems some friendly neighborhood ranger made short work of a Troll-hole. Fire and all. Actually, we found another spot under the bridge about a day's walk along the road! I wonder if one got away!? He calls back to the high Elf. Hey, you remember that, right?!

Any further inspection shows the den is abandoned, and Katten can tell from some of the smaller limbs that the downed tree has begun to die from its mistreatment by the trolls in their attempts to escape.

Jordek notes his fellow Gnome's concern about the outdoors. Hey, if it helps at all I know how you feel. Being underground I get kinda uncomfortable too. Like, I can't even see in the dark, so I have no idea what could be hiding in there. But don't worry, we'll keep an eye out for you. This place can be pretty great once you get used to it. he offers, cheerfully
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

"Yes, that and the bridge. All too well while I was resting on my trusty steed here." He pats the mule again.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip hears the request to lay extra burdens on the donkey and he walks beside the donkey and "There was this one time at mining camp and I sold a kid a smoky quartz and told him it was obsidian. My grandfather boxed my ears good that day. He owned the jewelry company in the village and he prided himself..." when Jordan comes up and speaks cheerfully about the great out of rocks. Findalsip replies "Thank you but this is all very overwhelming. It is all so... vivid. The colors, the sounds, the... smells. That and I can feel Calladuran but it is like he is distant. I'm out of touch with him. Back home he is all around, protecting, giving. Here, not so much." Turning back to the donkey "Thanks for carrying that shame for me." He sort of perks up a bit as he walks with his forest gnome cousin.
Last edited by Styrius on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[if no objections, since i'm not seeing other activity ]

The group continues on the road until dark. Katten easily finds a small area a few paces off of the road suitable for camping for the night.

[Any last minute items before bed? Setting any watch?]
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar has been practising Common (as mentioned before) and thankful for the help offers to take the darkest watch.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

Sorry! Ugghhh work!

"Kjempe bad for Forest, very bad. Not natural order." Nodding at the work in appreciation she finds a suitable spot to rest, "You rest, I hunt, Kill old and weak, let strong survive." She explains.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

Will take an early watch to be able to rise an study spells in the morning.

He picks up his gear and sets don my a tree away from the center of camp out at the out skirts.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

If no one onjects, Katten will go out and do some hunting.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Borderlands 3 - Navi
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"Want help?" asks Linar.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Nocturno will gather some fallen wood for a small fire for dinner.

lol gather not father.
Last edited by Nocturno on Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

"I hunt alone." She answers and vanishes, on all fours into the wild.

Borderlands 3 - Navi