Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by Chris1234 »

"Yes, I'm Garroth's friend and was here with him last time we visited," says Linar as he steps forwards. "Yes, that could be true, and is amusing, but isn't actually what he said. It was something like, 'I need a bow that will enable me to use my full strength,' if I recall correctly. I don't know that final price but it was costly. I lent him some money and we paid a depost: two hundred gold coins if I recall correctly."
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Bull

Yes. I am Bullock. I am here to purchase the bow my kinsman requested. He has moved on and wont be back to fulfill his business dealings with you. So 200 gold was paid, what is the balance? Or have you not finish with it?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Terrence checks his ledger and nods. Yes, 200 total was put down, leaving the remaining 175. I finished the bow a day or two ago. Aside from some very minor decorative elements, it is ready.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Bull

That is great. Did he have you make any arrows for the bow or will normal ones work? If normal work I will need a couple of quivers full, say 40 arrows.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar smiles at Bull, "There you go! That's saved you a lot of time and Taerrance isn't left with the balance of the job outstanding."

After letting the pair finish their discussion Linar adds, "While we're here, terrance, would you have any more normal, but extra sharp arrows?"
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Ah, yes. I made a brace or two of arrows for it, they are a bit longer and thicker. One set is ready, but the second will need the heads attached first. A normal longbow arrow could be used but you won't be able to take a full-draw so it would do no more damage than normal.

Terrence seems puzzled by Linar's request for 'extra sharp' arrows. I have Shortbow arrows, Longbow flight arrows and longbow sheaf arrows.

===
40 strength bow arrows ready for use: 2gp for 40
40 arrows that still need tips attached: 1gp 5sp for 40

This bow is modeled after a Vodkyn longbow and was built to handle up to a str score of 19.
Special arrows will do 1d6+strength bonus damage so for Bull 1d6+7. It also has a range of 50% more than a human longbow and can only be used by Large creatures or bigger
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Bull

Alright I will take the 40 strength arrows that are ready and let me have the ones that need heads too. I can fix those up later as shafts break, I can swap the heads over to the new shafts. Here is 4 gold. Keep the change, you do good work.

Where to now? I would like to see an Armorer and then maybe a hot meal.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip pipes up "I need to find an herbalist and a weaver if any are available. and a good meal would be great. Illithid noodles or a mushroom stew would do a body good."
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Bull

Gives Findalsip a strange look. What is Illithis Noodles? Sounds like some kind of Tentacles? Now Mushrooms are always good but I get the craving for food after them. He then smiles from ear to ear.

I am good to accompany you to anything. Just need to put some money down on some armor and maybe find another spell vendor.
I am also considering purchasing a couple of Wardog to keep me company and help keep goblins off me. Not sure if they would have anything like that here but worth a look.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip replies "War dogs? Are they similar to my "cousin's" two in one creature or are they something different?" He pulls out his journal and gets ready to write down what he believes to be good information.
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

There are herbalists in Farmer's ward, and the best Armorer is in the Shield Ward. He gives them directions for each. As for 'war dogs', I'm not sure you'll find anything quite like that here. There may be some trainers in Stable ward with hunting dogs or guard dogs.

[Where to next?]
===
Bullock Pays 175 gp for a Vodkyn Longbow designed to Strength 19 and 4gp for arrows
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip thanks the man for the directions to the Farmer's Ward and states "I am headed to the Farmer's Ward and then after that I will be looking for a weaver perhaps a meal after that." He heads off to find the items for which he is looking.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Bull

Alright Little Friend I will meet you in the Farmers ward after visiting the Armorer. It shouldn't take to long to get sized for a suit. Watch your purse.

Bull follows the directions and heads to the Armorer and makes his way inside to the forge after ducking under the short doorway.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Haven't seen Nocturno post in Over a month, so for now his character is going to be NPC'd. I know (from elsewhere) he has a lot of stuff gong on, but hopefully he'll drop in when stuff picks back up.]

Jordek chuckles and tugs his ear as if he were remembering a particularly funny secret joke. Clapping Fin on the shoulder he grins, Yes, i'm sure we'll find all kinds of interesting things there! We Gnome-bodies have to stick together yeah?! We'll meet the rest of you later in the.. uh...

Horse and Plow, I believe is the place we stayed before. I'll make arrangements. The elf says, as they leave the Keep with their directions. Leaving the keep through a different entrance proves just as byzantine a path as before. Back into the midday streets the elf peels off towards the accommodations; giving them directions to the place before departing. The remaining trio make their way south to see a broad curtain-wall crossing the center of the city and a small gate in the middle. Past the gate they see an equally large ward of the community. Signs on the wall indicate that the area they currently stand in to be the Farmer's Ward, and the segment beyond to be the Shield Ward.

Farmer's Ward: Findalsip and Jordek
The scent of earth and animal is thick among the modest but sturdy pens and structures nearby. All manner of livestock is present for sale or rent; depending upon their primary purpose. Horses, donkeys, chickens, sheep, hogs, pets and their byproducts can all be found within a stone's throw. Tools and services for the care and maintenance of such animals is available as well, among other general supply and miscellaneous other businesses.
(what does fin want to look for first?)

Shield Ward: Bullock Whitemane
Stepping from the farmer's ward (See above) into the shield ward provides an almost instant relief from the scent. The bleat of the sheep becomes the chatter of grindstone and file. Here it is clear the crafts of stone and metalwork dominate the ambiance, but with sprinklings of general and common wares. Following the directions from Terrence, he makes his way to a wide building of stone with a tiled roof and hard but irregular slate floor. The embossed sheet-metal sign above boast only a shield with an anvil atop, but the workmanship is impossible to mistake for one of the craft. An old, thin human man with a snow-white beard sits upon a chair by the wall as five clearly well trained blacksmiths execute their craft on a variety of projects. Most of the tools and techniques being used are familiar to the minotaur to some degree, and it becomes clear immediately that the primary work of this shop is armor.
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Bull

Meanders along through the wards heading to the armorer. Starting to feel at home with the fine air in the farm ward , reminiscing of home and the things he left behind, but following his duty to avenge his mentor. He spots the Armor sign and moves in that direction, ducks under the sign and into the shop. Feeling the heat radiating from the forge.

Hello in the Forge. Whom do I speak to about a custom set of platemail? I am a large species and it will take a lot of work. I do not need boots, but thigh and calf plates are a must. I would like to work out payments as well.