Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Act 2, Scene 2: "To Crush the Wetrocks" (Main Game Thread)

Post by Dargon Lonewolf »

Well met Mr. Martins. We have some waterskins full of troll blood. Would these be of interest to you? I am sure they will come in handy for several potions and maybe even some different spell component uses. I could do with a hair cut too so add some minotaur hair to the components values list. My top knot will be the supplies component. Good for strength spells and maybe fertility potions if you get my meaning.

We would like to sell these first so we can split the gold so each of us can purchase what gear and magics we need.

I am looking for a Find Familiar scroll that focuses on Avians- A Owl or Hawk would be my first choice but something to fit my size would be the best. And the Copy spell and Mount spells if you have them after we conclude with the Troll Blood.
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip regards the shop with some interest scanning the shelves and doesn't miss the look the shopkeep gives him. He waits until the others finish their pleasantries and then blurts out in a manners befitting one unaccustomed to such a place (the town/fort) " Mr. Martins might you be able to identify this cloak I found and perhaps might you have some catnip oil and some yarn and perhaps direct me in the way of the nearest leather shop and is there a good place to eat around these parts maybe with a nice rothe ribeye (casting a side glance at Bull in case he decides to backhand Fin) and those are really neat glasses you have there, what are they, and if you have maybe a scroll of identify that would be useful too and did you get all of that?" He returns to looking at the shop while Mr. Martins absorbs the rapid fire verbal barrage.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Bull

Looks at Fin. I have Identify in my spellbook if you would like to learn it. No sense buying another one.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Calan considers the offered barter. He takes a sample of the collected troll blood with a thin glass tube and places it on a piece of glass he positions over a glowing stone. Peering at it he adjusts the multi-lensed aparatus he holds while he answers some of Fin's questions. They are a special series of lenses that allow me to inspect things under various conditions. The blood seems fresh, that is good for the alchemy.

Jordek chimes in about the Basilisk scales as well and hands over the large sack-full. Again Calan performs and inspection, turning different lenses into and out of place as he does so. Nodding he replaces the scale in the sack and considers the amount of Minotaur hair offered.

Everything seems to be in usable condition. Pity there was not more blood. I would expect a troll to have had quite a bit more available, but I'm sure the circumstances in obtaining it were challenging enough. For the amount and condition of the blood, scales and hair I could allow as much as 350 gold in credit. I could have a find familiar scroll for Avians prepared for a sum of 125 gold, though it will take a few days. As for the spells, I do have access to the Copy spell but it's sale isn't as-yet authorized. I wilk have to put in a request which can take time. I do not have access to the Mount spell.

He turns his attention more fully to Fin's remaining questions now. Catnip oil… hmm, I don't seem to have that and I certainly don't have yarn but you may be able to find both in Stable Ward.

We don't typically perform identification services, but I do have a scroll that I could part with. The advantage of a scroll of course being that one needn't track down the components, nor suffer the side-affects of personally casting the spell. It is prepared at a level to allow 7 attempts*. If You are interested, it would be 500 gold.

Jordek nods and turns to the others. I'd like to know what this ring does. Linar, you and Fin both have cloaks and Bull-man you have that shield. We could split the cost and only pay about 125 each. What do you think?

====
* Meaning 7 attempts to identify an item or property at 70% chance
Linar and Bullock are lvl 2 and 3 Mages respectively, meaning casting personally would be 1 attempt at 10% success for Linar and 2 at 20% for Bullock each casting (each casting costing a 100gp pearl and hours of work)

Nocturno's item is basically identified as a saddle of flying, and he has the scroll with Divine spells.
Katten's item was identified by elves for her (as it is an elvish made item)
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

"I am agreed with splitting the cost for services rendered. Might there be some catnip within the town? I will inquire with the "Stable Ward" about the yarn. I do think having the identify scroll would be useful if we are to go back to the place whence we came which might make for profitable business for Mr. Martins here provided good sir you can provide better coin for future endeavors. Food for thought."
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Bull

I will take that Find Familiar Scroll. Here is the 125 gold for the spell. I will also take the Copy spell, if your able to get it approved and can pick it up the same time as the Find Familiar if you get it ready. I am thinking they would rather have gold instead of credit. We all have gear to buy and need the coin. I can do the Identify myself so not interested in spending gold on that now.

He counts out the 125 gold for the find familiar spell.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Linar suggests, "You might want to check how effective the identify spell varies with the casters ability!"

======
OOC: I think for a Wizard L7 gives 7 chances to elucudate a magical property, and can do that 7 times.
For a L3 wizard, it's 30% chance, three times. Correct?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

===
yes, that is correct
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Findalsip applies the palm of his hand to his forehead and shakes it. He pipes up "Since my colleague is not interested in the Identify scroll, I am, and will tender your price for it." He mentally ponders if there are other lingering injuries to his big friend.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

"I suggest we should use it to identify what we have," comments Linar. "Thereby all of us affected need to chip in."
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Jordek shrugs A 3-way split is fine for me. So thaaats... uh 166 gold 6 silver 6 copper each for Me, Fin and Linar then right? I'll do the extra 2 copper to make it even. he begins fishing out some coin

====
so the split from the Troll blood/ basilisk scales is
300/5 (Bull, Noct, Fin, Jordek, Linar) = 60 gp credit each

minotaur hair 50 gp credit to bullock

Bull pays for a Specialized Find Familiar Scroll (Avians)
cost 125 - (110)credit => 15gp cash Bullock spends

Identify Scroll split: 500gp / 3 = 166.66
166.66 - 60(credit) = 106.66 gp each from Jordek, Linar and Fin

Nocturno expressed interest in the Potion of Heroism
225 -60(credit) => 165gp

Let me know if everyone is good with this
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

OOC: Sure, assuming we have the oustanding coinage.
Did we gain some mundane valuables?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

the group complete their transactions
====
Bullock cash out of pocket 15gp
and receives a receipt to pick up his Find Familiar scroll in a few days

Jordek, Linar and Fin cash out of pocket 106gp 6sp 6cp
And receive a Scroll of Identify

Nocturno cash out of pocket 165gp
and purchases a potion of Heroism.

What next?
Dargon Lonewolf
Merchant
Merchant

Bull

Needs to see the Bowyer / Fletcher and a good armorer.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

[Sorry for delays, work and other issues lately]

Theh are led back through the confusing hallways to another area of the keep. The odd group catches the eye of no few guards and other people going about their daily work. Finally they come to the castle bowyer, a man named Terrence in his late thirties with a triangular scar on his cheek.

Well, welcome back... I presume you are a friend of Garroth's here to pick up his bow? What did he say, for "shooting rabbits that stand behind trees". he chuckles