Your #1 Source for online D&D gaming!

Out of Character discussion

The 2E AD&D Homebrew Sandbox world of Genwald is large, ancient, and magical. There are many undiscovered/untamed places. The Sun Kingdom (European style, Late Medieval Human NG Monarchy) is the basic Campaign area, but PCs can end up anywhere.

The scars of ancient battles of titanic proportions mark the land. Wild magic zones, fantastical terrain, grand adventure, political strife, and even artifacts of wonder await. Choose your part and come make your mark on the world. A wide array of unconventional races and classes are available.

Moderator: TristenC

Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor
http://www.ibro.pl/blog/najlepsza-oferta-na-kuchnie-na-wymiar-w-warszawie/

Re: Out of Character discussion

Post by Chris1234 »

One of those (CLW) on Noct would prevent him bleeding to death. I think it puts him on 1HP albeit enfeebled, but still able to walk (away)
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

I agree that a cure spell would be help to Noct., I don't see how the character would know that as he had moved away and around out of sight in the middle of melee. I have been reserving the use of the cure spells I'm trying to hold on the one of those unless another healer gets to him 1st. K needs healing too. she is backing away from melee the moment. Fin will do what he can when he can to aid the party but he has to get out of the situation he is in at the moment. Other salient point to consider, this has been pretty much the start of the day and the party has gotten beat like a drum and a fair amount of spells have been cast. we can try to escape or we either be captured or killed. Captured by goblins is well, humiliating in the extreme. Goblins. smh.For gnomes that makes the shame even greater. Species enemy.
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

It would be awful for Katten too, she HATES These things.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Is there any interest in seeing Chapter Summaries in this game like I am reinstating for the Ravenloft campaign?
Jenara
Elven Princess
Elven Princess

Post by Jenara »

It would be interesting to read, if you had time to write them.
" Kid never learned to clear a room. Doors and corners, I told him. Doors and corners."

Demiplane of Dread - Mira Human Bard (Searching for the Crown)
Genwald - Nesserrr (Katten) Feliz Ranger (Going Solo..)
- Stardust (Jade) Pixie Warlock (Seeking answers)
Borderlands 3 - Navi
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

I enjoy your flair and vigor you give in those posts.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

Yes, you're extremely good; exceptional.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

Did the mule survive the ambush?
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The mule was not attacked in any way, and is back at the camp the party stayed at just a few mins away from the entrance to the wetrock cave
Styrius
Peddler
Peddler

Post by Styrius »

Was Findalsip able to find unhewn rock in the Glade?
You are talkin' to the holy symbol wearing,
Ruby ring wearing, kiss stealing; Woo!
Praying/healing, beholder riding, griffin flying
Son of a blowgun, and I'm having a hard time holding these Aboleth shoes down! WOO!
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

Sorry, yes he found basically a stone shelf near the edge of the water that is big enough to lay on that goes deeper into the earth. He can feel the connection by touching it
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

To answer chris' question about pearls, there is a 100 gp standard pearl that could be used for the identify spell.
There is also a 500 gp Rose-pearl that could be used as material for 1 casting of identify.

Linar is currently a lvl 1 mage. That would only allow identification of 1 property on 1 item per casting

I have updated the identify spell rules in the rules/guidelines thread.

One additional option is a scroll of identify. Some members of the party that went to Bordertown would know of the magic supply in the keep. They did mention that scrolls would be useful and know that the shop has the identify spell. it is possible they would have a scroll. Such scrolls would operate off of the scribe's level, not the user's, and would most certainly be more potent than the versions the party can cast at this time.
Chris1234
Emperor
Emperor

Post by Chris1234 »

That sounds attractive.
TristenC
Initiate Immortal
Initiate Immortal

Post by TristenC »

The only real caveats to that are that the party doesn't know how much such a thing would cost, but the magic users likely know it would be quite expensive. That said, the party's wealth has increased quite a bit after the basilisk cave.

The DMG actually lists a spell services cost for Identify at 1k gp for 1 feature of 1 item. I feel that is a bit steep for such a spell (although given that even a 5th level mage only has 50% chance to identify a property for each of his 5 attempts i can see how they got there).

So if they have a scroll or someone higher level willing to cast the spell, it would be less than 1k per item but quite a bit more than the 100 gp per attempt that the PCs would be spending at very low % chances of success. (10% per caster level at lvl 1 it gets expensive fast)

Naturally there are likely places they could exchange wealth or other gems for 100 gp pearls suitable for the casting should they like to try on their own anyway.
Nocturno
King
King

Post by Nocturno »

We could also have a tournament to test out our items, and not stop until we know all of the qualities.

It would obviously be to the death, and winner takes all the items!